Sponsored by:

993 Canadian Import Madness

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 10:52 PM
TamiyaGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Mr. Canuck,

If you're getting that kind of grief from PCNA then the dealership letter maybe your best bet. Suggest you carry both and disclose the dealership one to begin with. To my knowledge, metric markings must appear however there is no need to have them be dominant on the speedo.

I don't want to get too much into "ethics", but I suppose you could just replace the dial faces with european ones which would be metric (including the odo). It's highly doubtful that someone at the border or Canadian Tires would call you out on it (because the odo would be a lie). Remember that you do not have to be compliant at the border, you have to be compliant when you get your inspection done and you have 45 days to do so I believe.

I use to run 911's up to Canada for selling years ago and while I admit that it's been a while since I did that kind of stuff, I certainly don't recall having to ever replace the gauges.

Just on a side note, you could just sell your car and pick up another 993 in Canada. They might be a bit more now though with the current exchange rate. However, they typically have low mileage because of the climate limitations.

Thanks,
Peter

Quick Reply: 993 Canadian Import Madness