Sponsored by:

Windward Contuinued (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 08:26 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Jim,

You may be able to help Mike by documenting your own experience (including any copies of letters or emails) and allowing him to use them in any legal action. The fact that Mike is not alone in his experience lends a lot of credence to his claim. Good luck Mike... I feel your pain.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:34 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

I'm not a lawyer, but isn't this also interstate commerce fraud? If so wouldn't a complaint to the Vermont US attorney's office be appropriate?

Al

PS - Killington has $9million good reasons for wanting to be part of New Hampshire.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Winward will never get anything business from me or every local Porsche Person I talk to.

Winward if you are reading this, HOW ABOUT DOING THE RIGHT THING!!

Question: What good is the PCA, or region managers if they won't at least investigate this problem? Disclaimer or not in their magazine, they bring validity to company that has from what I have read, lots of problems.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:02 AM
ApexL8
Burning Brakes

Mike W,
I hope you can get this thing all worked out to your satisfaction.

Don't walk away from this problem, hold them accountable. I have never heard of worse customer service in my life, they don't deserve to be in business.

Their claims about your personal conduct (even though I don't believe any of them) have absolutely no bearing on the matter. Even if you had done the things they claim you did, that is no excuse for not filling your order or returning your money. They entered into a contract with you to deliver merchandise, and they did not fulfill their obligation, period, full stop, there is no possible excuse that would allow them to do that legally (unless you intended to use the PSS-9s for some evil terroristic purpose).

I still urge you to contact them through certified registered mail with a return receipt. More 'paper trail' will aid your case, it's worth the $5 it will cost you. Just a simple letter will do; I ordered a PSS-9 kit and sent you $XXX, and allow them a couple of weeks to send you the merchandise or a refund. Your letter will also absolutely confirm that you belive a problem exists before you run up against any statute of limitation.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I'm pretty sure you will have to file the claim in Vermont. There will be a small filing fee (around $50) that you may recover if the judge rules in your favor. You can also claim your travel costs.

Best of Luck,
Old 03-05-2004, 02:32 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st off:::::::::: thanks for the heads-up warning. i will not buy anything from those fools @ winward!!!!

more 2¢:
paper trail get all documents & receipts in order & hopefully you've kept a calendar/phone bill of dates you called & left messages etc.

legal get the meanest, most intelligent atty you can find & let him scare the **** out of them!!! that co. is filthy & will only understand filthy treatment... i find it unbelievable they actually put such defaming b.s. into a written letter. (the right atty can make one phone call & have this resolved). winward making those severe false statements (in writing, no less! dumb-****s!) brings this to a whole new level & you will find an atty who lives for that kind of case!

funny thing is (if it goes that far)... you will win this in court & the judge will ask you what you want?

isn't it ironic... don't ya think?

btw: you raise a good question... will they still be in biz by the time this goes to court.

bol.... you sound like a nice person & deserve none of this. all in all, the kharma police will catch up to those fools as well. try not to let those f-nuts yank your chain. take the 993 out for a nice rip & smile a bit.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:36 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I saved the emails they sent me because I still am appalled at the language and hatefulness.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:42 AM
David in Chicago
Addict
Rennlist Member

A question: They advertise in Pano, which you receive in the mail. So you bought from them on the basis of their ad, right? And you sent them funds "registered" which, I hope, meant through the mail and not FedEx, etc.

In either case (the ad or your "registered" return), isn't this mail fraud? And doen't the USPS's Postal Inspection Service do this all day?

In addition to whatever redress you'll seek through your attorney (regrettably, at your own, further, expense), aren't these guys then also guilty of a federal crime, with which the USPS will assist you for free? I think this is pretty much the primary focus of the Postal Inspection Service - ensuring that the mails are not used to commit fraud.

I'm sorry this has been done to you. You're doing the right thing - stick with it.

Just my $0.02.

Regards to all.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Good luck, Mike...
Old 03-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Once again I want to thank my fellow rennlist brothers for your showing of support. Windward has claimed to be supporters of the Porsche community through their involvement with PCA etc. In my letter they wrote this which shows a real lack of respect for all Porsche owners -

"We realize that we can't please everyone all of the time, but we do try. Sometimes it is difficult, as we sell products and toys that people don't really need for extreamly expensive German cars that most people can't afford."

This is the company whose slogan for Porsche owners is " It just doesn't get any better." What a joke.

Again thanks to all and be
assured whatever it takes I will continue until Windward is held accountable for their misdeeeds.

Mike W
Old 03-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike w and i have talked at length about this.....windward, some guy named Dan and the owner Jim McCarthy, know how to game the system.......it comes down to this, no one person is going to spend $thousands to recover $hundreds.....they know that, and have decided that they don't care.....until or unless the information gets to the market and ultimately to sales revenue, the process will continue.....the fact that they can apparently sleep at night is indicative of the type of people you're dealing with.........broadcast it to all the presidents of the PCA/POC clubs.....
Old 03-05-2004, 12:04 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 385 Likes on 224 Posts

Given their reputation (and I have had diffculties with them myself but nothing at this level) why does PCA continue to accept their ad every month? Would a petition to PCA help?
Old 03-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

George, I emailed Tom Bobbit and explained my situation and requested that Pano stop accepting adds from Windward so that other PCA members don't go through the same problems as I. He emailed me back, that he had talked to Windward and they told him they would give me a full refund. I emailed him back explaining that was not true but never heard back.
The fact that the PCA has ignored my warnings and chooses to stand by Windward is one of the more upsetting aspects of this. I suggested to Mr. Bobbit he look at theWindward thread on Rennlist to help him see how many peole have had problems with this company. As Mike A suggersted earlier the more people who make their feelings known about this the more likely Windward will clean up their act or just dissapear. MikeW
Old 03-05-2004, 12:25 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Another thought Mike, you are looking on the one side of their business, consumers screwed by them. If this is their practice, you may want to see if any suppliers would be willing to discuss their dealings. Usually these companies also leave a trail of burnt bridges on the supplier side. Look at all the vendors they front. Protomotive, TRG, B&B, Fikse, Brey Kruase, Kokeln, Fabspeed just to name a few..

Just a thought....
Old 03-05-2004, 12:26 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 385 Likes on 224 Posts

Tom is a very good guy. He will try to do the right thing I'm sure.

Quick Reply: Windward Contuinued (long)