Gjbacci
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UDT999

I am not able to link my new UDT999 device to my PC. Background:
  • New UDT 999 just received from Paul
  • Downloaded the software sucessfully
  • I am using windows 10
When I plug into diagnostic port and PC USB it says cannot open port. I go to settings and click on select port. t does nothing. I chose other ports - nothing changes.

With windows 1o any other USB connections are automatically connected.

Can anyone offer some assistance.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:34 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,065 Posts

I have not used this software but here are some general guidance items for Windows 10 applications that use the USB port to attach devices.
  • Did you run set-up, one of the files you downloaded? If not go ahead and try it.
  • Look at the files that came with your software, there may be one labeled read me first or install notes that may have useful info in it.
  • If the USB port is working correctly the computer should give some sort of indication when you plug the USB plug into the laptop's port.
  • If this doesn't work open the device in Device Manager and select the Update driver option.
  • Then try disabling the drive bloc as you would when starting the car or simply let the car run, then plug the cord into the OBD port on the car first then the USB port on the computer and see if the computer recognizes that something was plugged in.
  • If this doesn't work try plugging it into the computer first then the OBD Port with Drive Block still disabled.
  • If after this other issues may be some third party port drivers need to be installed. They may have come with the diagnostic software or you may need to get them elsewhere.
  • Finally, I would go to Device Manager and delete the USB port devices and then reboot your computer.
  • Then go back to Device Manager and if they have not reappeared select find new devices under one of the menus or right mouse click to look for it to reinstall the USB device drivers.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:14 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I run it on Windows 10. There is a section in the tool where you can selected the COM port number. Just play around with this.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:20 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

You also need to install the USB drivers in addition to the software found in the directory. The directions were not clear which one is applicable for Win 10 so I installed both...
Old 10-14-2020, 04:08 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Can't help on the tech support, but the tool is very handy to have and in my case paid for itself by being able to bleed and cycle the ABS module.

Quick Reply: UDT999