Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:44 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Pagid Orange Fitment Issue???

Help Guys...

Trying to get ready for tech inspection this weekend and was putting in the Pagid Orange pads for the first time. Took out the OEMs without an issue, but when I slid the Oranges in they don't quite clear the lip of the brake rotor. They fit correctly from top to bottom, just seems like the pad material is a little too wide.

I assume this is a problem?!?! Following are the part numbers of the pads I have, are they correct (got them from a good knowledgeable parts source): Front: E 1842 440 10/Rear: E1204 440 10

My car is the C4S, so it has the Big Reds...

Thanks,

-Skip
Old 03-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry if I am asking the obvious. Are you sure the pistons are pushed all the way back in? When the pads are new it is a tight fit. Also the pucks that were in the pistons are removed, correct?
Old 03-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

You've got the right pads Skip. If memory serves me, the Pagid has more pad material than stock and your stock pads are going to be worn down anyway. Good catch Greg, the pucks or spiders may still be lodged in the pistons. You should be fine Skip (next time, get Pagid blacks)
Old 03-02-2004, 10:19 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Push back the pistons?
Old 03-02-2004, 10:22 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys - thanks for the quick responses!

Greg & Eric - Yes, I have removed the spiders and the pistons are in all the way. The pads slide all the way in, but I was just concerned about the brake pad material being about 1-2mm too big causing it to hit the metal lip of the rotor. (guess my description wasn't very good).

Since you guys say its ok, I'm dropping them in.

Eric - It should be interesting at the track with all the changes from this winter - PSS9s, RS Sways, DAS Bar, Recaros, Schroths, and the Pagids. Gosh, this sounds like someone else I know, but with a smaller budget, huh Eric.

Quick Reply: Pagid Orange Fitment Issue???