Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Tail Light Tabs Broken

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 05:31 PM
jrmdir
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

I think I see the confusion. Not talking about putting the rivets in from inside that gap. Rather I'm suggesting putting them in from the outside - after grinding off the left over plastic from the original posts. But make sure not to snap off the rivet posts. Those stay on and become the "backbones" for the new posts. See photos in my post above. Cut them to length and fatten them up with hose or tape or ? to match the diameter of the original plastic posts. (I used vacuum hose as an example in the photos.) Hope this helps. Let me know if you'd like some of the rivets.

Ron
Old 12-25-2019, 07:24 PM
hootie
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmdir
I think I see the confusion. Not talking about putting the rivets in from inside that gap. Rather I'm suggesting putting them in from the outside - after grinding off the left over plastic from the original posts. But make sure not to snap off the rivet posts. Those stay on and become the "backbones" for the new posts. See photos in my post above. Cut them to length and fatten them up with hose or tape or ? to match the diameter of the original plastic posts. (I used vacuum hose as an example in the photos.) Hope this helps. Let me know if you'd like some of the rivets.

Ron
Ah I see what you're saying. I appreciate the help. It's going to be a few weeks until I can get to this. Might just see if someone wants to take this project on so I can fund some new ones.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:04 PM
hootie
Instructor

Thought about this more and I don't really want to deal with trying to retrofit new tabs. Is anyone interested in buying these off me at a discount?
Old 01-13-2020, 05:32 PM
frankv
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the lenses are good I wonder if there would be a way to mix and match with a set of taillights that do have the tabs (but the lenses are crap)
Old 01-14-2020, 11:44 AM
hootie
Instructor

Originally Posted by frankv
If the lenses are good I wonder if there would be a way to mix and match with a set of taillights that do have the tabs (but the lenses are crap)
Lenses are good, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be...

Quick Reply: 993 Tail Light Tabs Broken