993 C4S meets 996 TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 09:40 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 993 C4S meets 996 TT

Running around Richmond today.....about 1/2 mile in the distance I see this yellow spec........ I say nah....can't be. But I punch it and get in closer for a sneak peak. Sure enough...making its way into a gas station off the interstate is a Speed Yellow 996TT. Some of you maybe saying..ya so ?
Let me just preface by saying....911's are a rare breed around these parts 'eh ??

I pull into the gas station...RSR's purring !!!!!! Pull up on the side of the fella...now fueling up. We get to bulls**tting for the next ten minutes or so exchanging Porsche talk.

Graciously, he offers up a ride as we both had time to kill. Who was I to say no !!! For the next 20 miles or what seemed like 2 minutes....we make our way around a small beltway surrounding Richmond.

My God...this thing is a MONSTER....not too metion...a Tiptronic.

I am in love with the 993...the sculpted lines.....the raw edge of air-cooled performance.

But let me tell you....if I was looking to step up to a refined sports car that could mop the floor of 99% of all else on the road....this ride would be it.

As I drove away after the ride. I could not help but notice how anemic the C4S felt....I mean ...TURTLE HWFM racing SLOW !!! I need to find another mod !!!

My allegiance is not swaying from my air cooled brethren......but....this thing rocked guys !!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 12:26 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

I hate when I ride in something thats faster than the 993. Like in December when I got a ride in a really new, white GT3. For some reason, I cant stop thinking about the GT3.....

Viken, you ruined me forever....
Old 02-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Agro1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya Keith, and know exactly what your talking about. The 996TT is amazing, however, a bit too refined for my taste. I mean, it's fast, VERY fast - but you have no sensation of speed becasue of it's refinement and impecable manners. I was able to turn laps at Willow in an X50. Most of the time I used one hand on the wheel and felt completly in control. This is great and a massive achievement for Porsche, but not my idea a true sports car. I very much enjoyed myself, but for that amount of $$$, would buy something else a bit more visceral. The car is just too easy to drive. Almost anyone can turn great lap times with little track experience because it is SO EASY to drive fast. I find it a severe departure from the first 911 Turbo and personally, find it a bit disconcerting that Porsche has strayed so far from it roots. I would much rather have a 993 Turbo S.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:34 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keith, a word of friendly advice, never, ever get behind the wheel of a 993TT. If you do, you will eventually own one. It happened to me. I was happy with my C4S until I drove a TT. It was only a matter of time.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:13 AM
Agro1
Banned

I second that...And do not even go NEAR a 993 Turbo S.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:03 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I offer people rides and even let them drive my 993tt. Some people have not taken me up on it though. Don't know why?
Old 02-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Chris Berendes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

isnt life great - desire for something faster never stops and usually there is something to aspire for. just what do you do when one fie day you own your CGT?

... still dreaming of my own 993TT

Quick Reply: 993 C4S meets 996 TT