Sponsored by:

attn: 96/97 targa owners....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 10:10 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
What are the updates for the top? I have all service records from PO and there is nothing noted. Anyone know what the updates are and the dealer cost for the "repairs"? In all fairness to the car, I tinkered around last night with the top and found a broken plastic piece on the front mount on the main top on the driver,s side. The left front of the top is not being held in place as designed. I'll bet that is the main cause of my frustration.
BTW my car is lowered and has a strut brace.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Curtis - '97 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John,
I subscribe to online service called AlldataDIY that shows a list of updates that address noises in the targa top. There are 12 items there and an additional bulletin that deals with a jammed roof. I don't think there is a way I can forward the bulletins, but you can sign up online for $25 and get them yourself.<a href="http://www.alldatadiy.com" target="_blank">AllData DIY</a>

As you wade through the update, there are a few places where they note superceded part numbers on bolts and fasteners.

There is also some information in the shop manual on how to adjust/align the top.

Most of the tech updates apply to '96 cars and were included on the '97.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:46 AM
red targa
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Finally read your email.

I sent an email reply to you about TechArt. I will try to get it to you soon.

Quick Reply: attn: 96/97 targa owners....