Sponsored by:

tire mounters in south SF area

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post tire mounters in south SF area

Does anybody know of any good tire mounting places in South San Francisco, Burlingame, San Bruno, area?

Normally, I would go to Custom Alignment in Mountain View, but would like to find a place closer to work, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Old 05-06-2002, 12:40 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Go to the Tire Rack WEb site. They have a list of "approved" tire mounting sites. I used one of their sites in San Diego AJ-USA and had a good experience.

Go to the Hunter web site. See where their tire mounting machines are located. I think it is possible. They ate the "trick" set up.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:33 PM
SteveG.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff,

I live in the San Bruno area also and I think that the best place to go to mount or balance tires is the Wheel Works on Ocean Ave in SF. They were extremely careful about marring my wheels when they mounted my tires. It always helps to tell them you are a picky bastard and don't even think about scratching my wheels. No other Wheel Works in this area, aside from Mountain View, is really qualified to mount tires on expensive wheels. There are a lot of wheel and tire places, but you're taking a chance when you take your car there. I hope this helps.

Steve
Old 05-12-2002, 03:50 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YMMV on Wheel Works. The one in Santa Clara talked me out of Dunlops and into some crap Rikens that delaminated in less than 20k miles. When I picked up my car, half of the unidirectionals were mounted backwards.

Quick Reply: tire mounters in south SF area