Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'95 vs '96 (In $ terms, how much better really?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Feehliks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, I see you have silver. I guess the interior is most likely either black oder blue or in a rare case green. ;-) Either combination is beautiful and I would never turn down such a colorcombo. However and with no insult intended, it seems your preferences go a little bit with mainstream... ;-) (Mine do, too. Red/black is not something rare...) Nevertheless, I was just trying to point out, that buying used cars demands compromises between color, options, age, mileage, etc. Still, I think with a timeframe of two weeks you were a little bit lucky, too.

Now, what if someone wishes to have a yellow/black car? With black being the exterior?

Best regards

Felix
Old 05-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Felix,

No problem at all. I know silver/black is incredibly common and is not for people who want to be different, but I love the classic combo.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:15 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you guys know if ALL 993's had a sunroof as standard? I got the options codes and a sunroof was NOT listed. The seller's ad indicates a sunroof but he's on vacation with his family for a few days so I didn't want to bother him (or tell him the deal's off) if it doesn't have it. Mark, I think you posted it could be an option to delete it? So what does that mean, the option codes would tell me it was "deleted" as an option? I've been posting multiple threads trying like crazy to get all my answers to a bazillion questions, most of which have been answered. This is really helpful for me if not aggravating to people who see yet another post from 2ndof2!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

2nd,

I thought I had read here that there was a sunroof delete option, but now I'm not too sure. When I cruised through my 911 Red Book, it lists option M650 as "Power Sunroof"; there is no option for a "Sunroof Delete". I guess that means that the sunroofs were not standard. Maybe Viken can help you more.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:40 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Just spoke with a Porsche dealership's sales person who told me you were correct in that the option to "delete" the sunroof was available. As the car I'm looking at has no option code indicating the deletion of the sunroof, the car should have one. Yippee!!!!!! Excuse me for that, I'm getting fired up for ownership! BTW Mark, did you install the support or whatever the part is to support 18 inch wheels? What was involved (cost) to do that? Is this something I could do myself before I swap over my turbo twists off my 928?
Old 05-29-2004, 03:41 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Sorry, wasn't clear, talking about the steering rack support (I think).
Old 05-29-2004, 07:09 PM
fevans
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously, a la Spinal Tap, a '96 is one better.

Quick Reply: '95 vs '96 (In $ terms, how much better really?)