Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slammed it down today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you get a corner-balance done as well to optmise handling.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:33 AM
S3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Caveman

Had the Audi S3 for a few years. Good car, but my present ride is in another league altogether.

Norway has difficult driving conditions and I figured spending money on something that can improve safety is well worth it.

Hope your house does not force a car sale - great car and it would be a shame to let it go.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:36 AM
S3
Instructor

Christer

Corner-balance is scheduled. I'm really looking forward to the car behaving properly. Has a floaty feel at the moment.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:11 AM
4 Play
Intermediate

It never ceases to amaze me when I see the before and after pictures of a car being lowered! Mine is still at stock height and when I saw your pictures, it just pushed a new suspension to the top of my upgrade list!

That look is awesome. Congrats!

Dave
Old 02-26-2004, 02:10 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Fister Howd you get the underside so clean,
I am up NEXT!!! WHOS GOT GAME??!!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:28 PM
4 Play
Intermediate

Okay, time for my newbie question: Can you corner balance a car that does not have adjustable suspension?

Don't abuse me, I'm still learning!

Dave
Old 02-26-2004, 09:30 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally posted by OldGuy
Fister Howd you get the underside so clean,
Bob also commented how clean my car was, underside and engine compartment. I've only had the car for a month, put on 1K miles(44K total). Haven't done a thing to clean it. Besides normal washing.
It was raining like a M*ther F#*ker all the way to Bobs house. It took me 2.5 hours to get there. Maybe that helped clean it up?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey fisterd how long does v-bob take to do an install like yours? & btw: did you get to help out? man... it really dramatically changed your car. i love the h&r's, i need to do the same... but my driveway is very very steep... but fortunately, not as steep as the downward-slippery slope

your car looks great.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:17 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 24FPS
how long does v-bob take to do an install like yours?
24FPS,
It took Bob about 4.5 hrs for the install. And yeah, he let me help, though I was under a time constraint, so I mostly stayed out of his way, and just observed. I learned quite a bit, though.
Got the alignment and corner balance today.Perfect! It handles soooo good, as well as looking muuuch better.

VIPERBOB is da MAN!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:19 PM
jdoc7
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FisterD

I'll be having the same setup done to my MY95 and was wondering what ride height you chose? Also, did you have the extra 30mm of thread on the front shocks to allow further lowering, and if so, did you need it? I'm not sure how low I want to take mine. As for Gerts recommendations on Carnewal.com, he went 10mm lower than Euro M030 specs without having to change the stock swaybar. In all likelihood, that's what I plan on doing too. Any rubbing issues with the 18's at your present height? I too, will post pics when it is done. For those who are interested, I was quoted $730 for everything including proper 4-wheel alignment with corner balancing with the proper equipment to handle kinematic toe.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:33 PM
solsrch
Pro

I was quoted $1,500 by ASG and that didn't include corner balance but did include swapout with RS sway bars. If I wasn't planning to do it myself, it would be worth driving to your neighborhood just to save the $770!

I'm still looking forward to the fun, almost all the parts have arrived. Of course, 6 hours into it with a couple of skinned knuckles and some chunk of interstate in an eye I'll want to reevaluate that decision.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:08 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by jdoc7
FisterD

I'll be having the same setup done to my MY95 and was wondering what ride height you chose?
The ride height, was determined by my springs. The H&R springs lower the car more than RoW springs.

Also, did you have the extra 30mm of thread on the front shocks to allow further lowering, and if so, did you need it?
No, I did not get the shocks with the extra thread. I would not want to lower my car anymore than the springs already did. I think the extra threads come into play with the RoW springs , because they don't lower nearly as much as the H&R springs do. This allows for a little extra lowering, which most people seem to prefer with the RoW springs.
Any rubbing issues with the 18's at your present height?
None at all.
I was quoted $730 for everything including proper 4-wheel alignment with corner balancing with the proper equipment to handle kinematic toe.
Sounds good.......my allignment was $175, and cornerweight was checked $100. The corner weight was pretty dead on so it was not adjusted.

------------------------------------With Driver-----------------------------------
-----LF & RR CROSS W.T......1664.0----1663.0.....RF & LR CROSS W.T
--------------------L.S %.....51.4%---- 48.6%.....R.S.%

Camber, caster, & toe adjusted for "Aggressive Street"
I had it done at Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley by Brandon Kraus.
This guy really knows his stuff!
I would recommend you find a good shop for the alignment and such. Not everyone knows how to do a p-car properly.
Good Luck and Enjoy!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:56 PM
prscha
Advanced

nice !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Slammed it down today!