MavPCA DE this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:37 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MavPCA DE this weekend?

Wondering who will be going to the Maverick PCA DE this weekend?
Old 02-24-2004, 04:43 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
George A., Glen & I will be there. I'll be sorting the black RSA(#525) out. Glen will be in his awesome, black cupcar! We should both be camped out up on grid since we are instructing. George will be in his black 993 but I'm not sure if he is instructing this weekend or not. Come "track" us down (pun intended ) We usually all go out Sat. Nt. Where are you staying?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:21 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Hi Jay,

I'm going to try set up camp on the hill also so I can put the trailer out of the way. #211 in yellow group.

I'll be at the Motel 6 in Benbrook. I wasn't aware that there were any nightspots in the Granbury/Benbrook area. Except for the "gentlemen's club" but I don't think too many gentlemen go into that place.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:27 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Kevin,
We usually just hit a local restarant/bar. We're @ the Motel 6 also. I'll be in Friday Nt. When are you coming up?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:32 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Jay,

If all goes well I'll be arriving sometime in the afternoon on Friday.
What time do the gates open/close that day?
Old 02-24-2004, 11:40 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Kevin,
That's my plan also. The gate usually locks up around 9 or 10 PM. The novice meeting is that night at 6:30 I believe. They should be going until at least 8:00+ so you should have until at least then. I'm going to drop the trailer & check in the hotel by 6 or so. Shoot me over an email to: royalbcat@netscape.net & I will give you my mobil number.
J
Old 02-25-2004, 06:15 AM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

Guys,

I'll be there in yellow. 1st time I've driven for a while so I'll be pretty rusty no doubt.

I'm driving back and forth from Plano - have a b-day party to attend Sat. night.

See you there.....
Old 02-25-2004, 11:11 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

I will also be staying at the Motel 6 Saturday. I feel like it's become my home away from home lately. There is a slight possibility I might be out there Friday to do a couple of sessions if work doesn't boggle me down, otherwise I’ll drive in Saturday morning.

We went to The Keg last time I stayed there and they had excellent food (a little pricy). Maybe we should schedule a big dinner outing for Saturday night like we usually do.

George
Old 02-25-2004, 03:14 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

George,
Sounds like a plan. Give me a call if you make it out Friday.

Ben,
See you Sat.!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:29 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Nice seeing you again Kevin. Every time I saw your car on track I thought it was Glen's old 993. Sorry we didn't have a chance to talk. Nobody really came back for the rain on Sunday. I didn't even see Ben. I can't believe how many 993's were out there. I swear I counted at least eight. Anyway, hopefully I'll have a little more time at the next event. Are you going to do the Hill Country MSR event? I will have a passenger harness by then, I promise. I had a Teamtech for the passenger area at the track but I was too lazy to install it, sorry.

George
Old 03-03-2004, 11:56 AM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

George,

At least ten people asked me on Saturday if my car was Glen's or if I had bought "that car in Slipstream." However, I did get the Supercup wing from Glen as spoils before the car became a TT Clubsport.

I too saw the weather report that evening in the hotel and figured I didn't want to chance driving home in the rain for one, maybe two, dry run sessions. Add that my telepathic link with my wife and boys was buzzing and telling me to come home and it was a done deal.

Ben was too busy keeping warm in the clubhouse to talk to anyone
It was nice to meet you Jay. You may not remember, but I have your old BK harness bar.

I'm planning on doing the BMW event on March 27-28 as well as the HCR event in May. If you don't have your harness in by then, you're welcome to drive my car. See you at the track.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:36 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Kevin,
Yeah, it was great to meet you! I was going to try & track you down later but they kept me runnin' all day Sat. I finally got a break on Sunday afternoon when I got my green & blue students both soloed.

I had completely forgotten about that old harness bar. Boy, do these parts get around. I found out this weekend that the black interior I just bought from Viking Sjovall for my '90 used to be in Becky's purple car. It's amazing how liquid Porsche parts are!

George,
Did the track get any dryer for the last run?
Old 03-03-2004, 04:07 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Jay,

Kinda.... You still had the three rivers going accross the track. I didn't drive a single session on Sunday. At least it dried up so that I could drive home.

George
Old 03-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

George,

Sorry I missed you. Kevin has it partially right - I was in the clubhouse staying warm - but also hiding from everyone because my driving was absolutely poor!

The MPSC's are terrible in cold conditions. I got some better traction after I increased my cold temps from 28 to 30 lbs but man they were SCARY. In the first run session I was finally getting some heat into them and then took a point by on the inside after Richochet - went through the river and lost all the heat in the tires. I nearly spun the car 3 times before I got back to start/finish. I had no confidence after that and drove like it.

Kevin , on the other hand, progressed throughout the day. I think I passed him in the second session but by the 4th session on Saturday he was blowing my doors off - great job Kevin! Good to see you again. I'll probably do the HCR DE so hopefully will see you again ( and drive less shamefully).

Ben
Old 03-04-2004, 03:47 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Kevin, thanks for the offer, but I will definitely have a passenger harness by the BMW DE. I’m ordering one from England. I had ordered one back in December but it kept getting delayed and was finally notified at the last minute that they were no longer available. I guess they had some kind of run on them because of the whole SFI/FIA rulings by some of the car clubs.

Ben, I know what you mean. I was running Yoko slicks out there and they took at least 3 to 4 laps to really heat up. I don’t want to even mention the hydroplaning when going through the puddles, high pucker factor. You would have hated Sunday. The temperature was much higher (actually less wind) but wet. Both of my students had 996 and I hated seeing all that water drain into their new cars. I can just see electrical problems in the future. See you in May.

George

Quick Reply: MavPCA DE this weekend?