Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC Greenstuff pads; any new experience?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post EBC Greenstuff pads; any new experience?

I searched the archives and found only a few references to the EBC Greenstuff pads. Has anyone had any recent experience with these? I already have them and am getting ready to install them soon.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts
I have tried the EBC Greenstuff pads on my Acura and have not been impressed. Bite and fade resistance not much, if any, better than stock. They still make a lot of dust although it is easier to clean. I know this is not Porsche but the material is the same.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:48 AM
MarkC
Instructor

I fitted them all round to my '95 C2 just prior to travelling 2000miles in 10 days, including a visit to the Nurburgring and traversing the Swiss/Italian/French Alps. Baptism of fire or what!

After bedding in they defintely exhibit better initial bite than stock pads, proviso being that the stock items were heavily worn.

At the track (Nurburgring) they were excellent, really warming to the task after some heavy(ish) treatment.
As a Nurburgring novice this in NOT equivelent to the sort of braking you would do at a regular circuit that you can learn quickly, read NOT maximum braking! Can't comment on more usual track day (DE) use.

In moderately enthusiastic road use they start to squeal annoyingly.

Still some dust but it is very easy to clean off. This is the primary reason I bought them as the RS wheels I have are pigs to clean (all those bolts).

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them. If it weren't for the squeal that would rise to very satisfied.
Old 05-03-2002, 12:55 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well I decided to return them and just go with stock pads for now. If I get into doing some DEs or track time I would change to a more aggressive pad for the track.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quick Reply: EBC Greenstuff pads; any new experience?