Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice Ride Kelly.... Wheres the snow??
Old 02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Kelly,

Great looking car. I thought you bought a tt? What is the actual interior color called?

Also, which shipping line did you use? It took Willlaneus four weeks to ship my RUF from Bremerhaven in Germany to Port Hueneme in California, with one stop at England, somewhere. I paid $875 to ship, but I was able to use a friend's 'frequent shipper's discount'. Willaneus specializes in cars and vessels, and the RUF arrived in perfect shape. I was a very happy camper.

Enjoy the ride.

CP
Old 02-21-2004, 02:55 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Surj-993C2S- When you make it here, try to take the helicopter tour of the island. I've not done it, but from the many people that have, it is the best way to see all of the magnificent sights possible in relative comfort. There are other tours available, but they require more time and some that will get you down and dirty (ATV tours, backtrail adventure tours, etc.)

Dan 96C2 St.Louis- I've heard them use the console for a gps nav system and also for mounting a DVD screen... both of which I have no use for. Darrin ever get back to you on the foglight?

viperbob- I see what you mean by it being too big. I do hit it with my right leg sometimes in certain driving postions. for the most part, though, it is not in my way. did you replace it with the regular console or are you doing w/o?

I have a feeling I'll be giving you a call someday when the mods start getting serious.

OG- "Wheres the snow??" I'll go to the beach today and check.

CP- I WISH I could afford a TT. This is as much car as the budget would allow right now. I'm impressed with it, but then again, I've never driven a TT. I know enough not to or I'll be looking for ways to sell this and get one!

Color of the interior is Marble grey.

I used Matson to ship. In Hawaii there are only 2 companies that provide shipping from the mainland. I tried getting it shipped with the other guys as they use closed containers, but there was an issue of a minimum 6" ground clearence rule they have that the Porsche would never pass. I was forced to use Matson, although I knew I would be having problems because the same thing happened when I had my previous car shipped... dings and dents everywhere on that one.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like that console too...
Old 02-22-2004, 02:45 AM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car, Kelly

Congratulations and enjoy in good health...
Old 02-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Patentman
Instructor

Anyone know where I can get a console like that in black? I want to put a navigation system in mine. Is it a simple swap with the "normal" console.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:18 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

you can try here... only place I've seen with it.

http://911pcar.com/Porsche_Parts/por...eriors_993.htm
Old 02-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great looking ride there, Kelly! Just to clarify (since our interiors are the same colors) yours is a two-tone interior, Marble Gray and Black, which was an option (don't know if the option carried an extra cost or not). Standard interior had dash/steering wheel/door trim/floor mats to match the seats/carpet.

Enjoy it!

-Chris
Old 02-22-2004, 02:05 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chris- Thanks for the interior info. I didn'y know that ..must change my sig info.

Funny you should post... I was just looking at your car yesterday on your webpage and thinking how similar our interiors were. Beautiful car you have there. Enjoy! My only reason not to geta Targa was the fear that the roof mechanism would have problems. Hope yours is troublefree.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Looks good, Kelly. Excellent color choice.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by kkim
Chris- Thanks for the interior info. I didn'y know that ..must change my sig info.

Funny you should post... I was just looking at your car yesterday on your webpage and thinking how similar our interiors were. Beautiful car you have there. Enjoy! My only reason not to geta Targa was the fear that the roof mechanism would have problems. Hope yours is troublefree.
Thanks! So far no major problems. Had a small leak early on in my ownership (2 years ago) that turned out to be a loose screw in the top frame. Relatively easy to get to after removing the interior trim up top. I love driving around with it open. Today was 77 and sunny, and our PCA group did a small show at a local polo tournament. Most of our group isn't the "upper crust" type you might imagine frequent polo tournaments (myself included), but it was still great fun. The trip for us to and from was about 45 minutes, which was all top back and windows down!

-Chris
Old 02-23-2004, 01:54 PM
beto
Advanced

kelly I had that console in my first targa. I was going to put in a dvd screen in it and run a back license mounted camera. A lot more intertesting than a non functioning phone. That console was a 3k option!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:07 PM
ksjcorpus
Instructor

kelly i have a friend that's in the kauai for the next couple of days .. she's a hot, smart female that's there by herself. if your'e game ... you should take her out and show her the island. you can pm me.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:17 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

beto-I don't track the car at all. Camera would be a waste. Yeah, the console was expensive... looks like all hand sewn leather work.

ksjcorpus- thanks, but I don't think my fiancee would approve.

Quick Reply: Another new guy.... pics of the ride!