Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 11:11 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnJL
Kelly,
How did this go for you? I'm replacing the rear speakers, removing the rear seat backs and looking for a spot to mount a Basslink back there.

Any tips on getting those seat backs out and the speakers out?

John,

It went just as they instructed. Once you get in there, you kind of figure it out.

RE:sub- I ended up using a 8" JL microsub which just fits between the front and back seat on the floor. It's powered by a 4 channel amp in the trunk which is why I needed to get into that panel... to run the wires that were powering the rear speakers to the sub on the floor. Eventually, I'll get one of Rod's rear enclosures and make a nice neat sub install. For now, I can just unplug and remove the JL if I need the space.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:19 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anir
Kkim,

Hope these help:
Anir,

Thanks, man, but look at the original date on the post. I appreciate you helping out, though.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bad, Kelly. Missed that.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:33 AM
riviera 93
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

While on the topic of removing the back seats, does the Piviot post for the seat backs mounted on the center tunnel come off? Is it removable? e
Old 12-30-2004, 08:59 AM
JohnJL
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kelly and Anir,
Thanks guys.

I'm going to experiment with hiding that basslink in the trunk, but I'm not sure how that will sound. Infinity recommends a trunk install in standard sedans, but that might work so well....would be a better install though...

Rear seats and underseat amp will go anyway...
Old 12-30-2004, 09:12 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Kelly,

I'm not sure if you got the rear panel off already, but like everyone says, it's real(X2) easy. 4 screws and just pull it towards you then up. I bet it's off within 2 mins.

For me, I got in there and removed the rear cheap Nokia speakers and got rid of them. I just adjusted the radio fader all the way to front speakers, if I ever use it. You know me, I'm into weight reduction
Old 12-30-2004, 09:57 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnJL
I'm going to experiment with hiding that basslink in the trunk, but I'm not sure how that will sound. Infinity recommends a trunk install in standard sedans, but that might work so well....
Ohhhh not so sure about that. I have heard 911's with subs installed in the trunk and although they sounded amazing from the outside of the car(!!!) inside you couldnt hear much just feel them mostly... And that sounded poor...
In all honesty, I would seriously consider selling the basslink on ebay or something and getting one or two custom enclosures by mobile innovations.... If you are a sound enthousiast enought to WANT to install a sub, then I fear you wont be happy with a trunk mounted install...
Good luck, tell us how it goes and if you try it over the weekend be sure to post pics!

Quick Reply: Rear Speaker, Rear Seat removal?