Sponsored by:

Odd question on C4S Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 10:47 PM
Buck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Odd question on C4S Wheels

I'm helping a friend set-up a TPC equipped C4S for autocross and some DE. We're going to set the car up to run in SM2 (Street Mod 2).

We're going to be using a PSS-9 set-up and want to use as much rubber in the front as we can. I've spoken with a autocross instructor that drove a '97 TT that was set-up with 10x17 wheels all around with 275/40/17 Hoosiers. He said it was amazing. We're hoping the TPC gives us TT performance but with better low end torque.

Can anyone tell me what offset we need to run 10" wheels in the front? I must have been out the day we covered offsets because I stay confused about it.

Thanks,
Old 12-17-2002, 11:04 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Talk to Mark at Forgeline wheels. They should know the proper set up and offsets. <a href="http://www.forgeline.com" target="_blank">www.forgeline.com</a>

I would be surprised at a 10" wheel though. I have 9's and with a 275 tire it was a very tight fit. If it fits it sounds like a good way to go. Related subject: I have a friend with a '02 996. His car came with 17" wheels and he bought an extra set of rear wheels to run on the front. He runs the same size tire on all four corners and the car is very neutral vs. a severe push with the factory sizes.

Quick Reply: Odd question on C4S Wheels