Sponsored by:

which suspension would you prefer for the street

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:15 PM
dr kenneth e garchow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default which suspension would you prefer for the street

pss-9 and RS sway bars or factory usa m30. considering the pss-9's set up costs $500 more than the m30.

i am not to concerned w/ ride height. my C4S has stock suspension and the height is ok w/me.

thanks
Old 02-17-2004, 11:34 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Does the factory USA m30 use the Boge or Monroe shocks? If so, they have a very limited lifespan. I chose the PSS-9 to replace the ROW springs and stock shocks on my turbo. I kept the factory sway bars (but I have the thicker Euro rear bar). If I had a few more bucks, I may have opted for the TRG adjustable swaybars. They are a great deal less expensive than the RS bars, and are actually a bit stiffer. But the sways can be changed later.

Another option is the ROW springs (to lower the car), and the Bilstein HD shocks. This may prove a little more economical than the PSS-9 kit, and are perfectly fine for street use. One problem is that the weakness of the dollar (vs the Euro) is making the Bilstein prices really skyrocket.

Happy researching.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Nol, 95 993 C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second the Bilstein HD - M030 option. I went for the adjustablity in the PSS-9s myself when the exchange rate was favorable for me. I wanted the Bilsteins for the durability (as per consensus on this board) and then just paid the extra for PSS-9 adjustability when I got a nice bonus.

I recommend you do drive a car with PSS-9'e fitted before committing. The spring rates are much higher and even the softer settings are really firm. I must admit it took me a while to appreciate the ride. It is a big adjustment, but lately I've been adjusting the dampers to the stiffer settings for the street too.

Enjoy

Nol
Old 02-18-2004, 10:50 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like from your other post that the lowering the ride height may even be an issue for you with your garage. If you really do mind the ride height, then the Bilstein HD with US M030 spring is a good choice. If you find you can lower it an inch or so, then the ROW M030 springs may be an option.

Quick Reply: which suspension would you prefer for the street