Sponsored by:

Help me quit looking at this!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:44 AM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 66 Posts

sptschoice...

the big difference is that YOU had the repairs done. You saw how much damage there was initially; and I assume you had some control over how it was repaired. (Thorough and correct)
A car like such as the one here-- we do not know how much damage there was; nor do we know if it was repaired to a high standard. A lot of Salvage cars are hastily thrown together and given a nice coat of paint to sell ASAP. Usually there are corners cut because it is known the car will never be worth close to full retail.
Just my 2 cents.

My girlfriend went to university with a girl that always drove a nice, late model car ( Camry, Maxima,etc.) The cars always looked great, and drove like new. I did not find out until later that they were cars that her father bought from insurance companies and fixed for his family. He owned a paint/body shop. Therefore, he had control of the repairs and the quality of the work. He was also able to buy cars that he knew would be good candidates to repair.

max
Old 02-18-2004, 09:41 AM
sptschoice
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

max911

point well taken...i oversaw the repairs from start to fininished,did alot of research that go me to this web site...a very good one indeed will become a member sooon...ken

Quick Reply: Help me quit looking at this!