Front "A" Arm Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ken,

I used to have a slight vibration when braking on my (at the time 115k miles) 964. After installing new tie-rods, ball-joints & shocks, the vibration is gone. I didn't replace the A-arms--the shop thought they were okay, and (as you know), they're pretty expensive. FWIW....suppose it's possible you do have a bad A-arm.

I imagine when the car hits 150k miles, I'll give serious consideration to replacing the A-arms. Right now, I just don't have any reason to believe there's anything wrong with 'em. No vibrations, odd tire wear, pulling, or quirky handling (that I'm aware of).
Old 02-15-2004, 04:45 PM
ksimpson
Racer

Randall,

Everything else checked out on my car ok. It has 48k miles and shocks brakes appear ok. There was a track rod problem on the passenger side which was replaced. The shop are pretty sure it's the A arms causing the problem. I'll know for sure when I get them done.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

My problem was straight line stability.
I had the A arms and the tie rods changed and it sorted this out.
I seem to remember reading a P&911W article about 944 a arm bushes being similarly not available.
Are P just being money minded or is there any question over the durability of the A arms?

Tito.

Quick Reply: Front "A" Arm Bushings