Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993RS Wheels Tire Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 09:30 AM
jadatis
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1/wheel sise makes the maximum load , but that calculation the tiremaker did for us.
2. If you call 23/38 for 99mph small chanche ?
3. this was only an idea of mine for racing, where it comes to the last second a round difference. For streetuse not that important, becouse you can never reach ideal temp of treath all situations.C
the airstream in tire is called a convection steam, air flows from warm to cold. In warming a house you also have convection streams , draft over the floor you notice. this gives low extra cooling down.
Giving the inside rimm some profile , mayby also fan-shaped, could give more airflow, so better heattransport.

.4. And now the long story.Tirepressure calculation is yust one of my projects , In wich I kept hanging now for 12 years .In time I concluded some things by a "E. instein "way of thinking, but realise that even some of Einsteins theories will be proven wrong .
An article of an american IR J.C.Daws opened my eyes , that even the European formula was not that holy as I declared it in the beginning.
The formula he described I conversed to a universal formula.My universal formula uses a construction load(Lc), and a power( P) , wich have to be found out wich L.c and P will be needed.
By setting Lc to zero and P to 0.8 , you get the European official formula, by setting Lc to a percentage depending on tiretype,and P=1( is same as linear calc) you get the by Daws described formula.
The lower the P the more curve in the line, and the formula to calculate pressure for a load you have to use 1/P. so for official European 1/0.8=1,25.
The power thing is something you probably dont understand, but power 2 = Squaire and power 1/2 = root. Power 1 is X^1 =X so lineair calculation.

This Lc makes that even with zero pressure the tire can still carry at the deflection a load.Then there is even a difference with valve open or closed.But I simplifie by what load the tire carries at zero pressure with valve closed at the determined save deflection for the speed. The deflection makes the heatproduction, and most likely linear relation.
In my spreadsheets I use for a tire with 36 psi ( standard load ) a 5% of maxload Lc.But Mr. Daws who I brutally contacted, and gave me usefull information in time, wrote it is 15% Lc.But I use 5% to be on the save side, so never to low pressure advice.
But Lc depends on deflection, that must be lesser for higher speed and can be more for lower speed, and with that deflection the Lc chanches to

.Now there are for instance energy saving tires , wich have a thin sidewall wich still can hold enaugh pressure in.This gives lesser heatproduction at same deflection, and carry less Lc as side-effect.But still these tires are given same maxload as same sise standard construction tire.To laws of nature it can be more and even more deflection so maxload , and smaller overgoing curve from unloaded radius to flat on the ground.
But these maxloads given, are standardised, so they still give the lower maxload for those energy saving tires.
This means that with lower pressure for the load and speed, the tire still does not overheat, so gives you more space to play with the pressure to find the best ballance between other advantages, and disadvantages.

The power in my universal formula , gives a curve in the graphics line of loadcapacity for pressure.With my Einstein way of thinking, I concluded that higher pressure makes tire stiffer , so larger overgoing curve from unloaded radius to flat on ground.But also the stifness of tire itself influences this radius.So the paint-picture I made with text, you must see as overgoing curve is made by stifness of tire itself+ stifness because of pressure filled.That stifness by pressure , you must see as an inflatable tent, you pump enaugh pressure in the "barrs" and its stiff enaugh to stand up right.

So the energy saving tires, can to my conclusions have more deflection, or gives lesser heatproduction so energy loss at same deflection, and the overgoing curve is less so with same deflection more surface on the ground so more gripp. But a little less Lc because less stiff.
The link to my public map of onedrive, I gave in other post, also has a map 'all about tirepressure, wich I used to support my mail-discussion with mr Daws, cant discuss anymore because he died february 2017.
The spreadsheet "presssureloadcapacitylistandconversion" in tab 2 I give the different used powers and Lc used in time in Europe and America, and the formula at the top of that page.At tab 1 you can make graphics of it.
Enaugh hyjacking, shal I make a new topic for this?

Last edited by jadatis; 05-08-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 993RS Wheels Tire Pressure