dyno tuning appointment

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 08:59 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno tuning appointment

I'm going to be doing some dyno tuning and several people have expressed interest in it as well. As such I've setup an appointment at Rennwerks to do some dyno runs.

Rennwerks has the Dynapack dynometer, which bolts to the hub. Setup time is about 30mins per car and then you can run as many runs as you'd like. They will do a air/fuel graph as well, but you need to either have no cats or a spare port in the car (port to be same as 02 sensor).

Date: Feb. 25th
Time: Noon-6PM.
Cost: $110/hr - estimate per car is $82.50 for 3-6 runs. If you tune remember setup time is 30mins ($55), so you decide whether to tune on the dyno or not.

Process: whoever is interested please let me know and I can coordinate the schedule. Please also let me know how much dyno time you want. Maximum will be 8 people (depending on time). So first come first serve basis.

If interested send me an email to boris.teksler@hp.com

Cheers,
Boris
Old 02-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aaaaarggh. I'll be in Hawaii.

Boris - Event #1 for me looks like PCA at Buttonwillow in March. You going?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:05 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom,

I can't do the PCA events. (they don't like my heigo roll bar)
So I'm relegated to NCRC and that looks like thunderhill on 4/1-2. Are you up for that?

Oh and if you want to leave me your car - i'll be sure to dyno test it for you..... ;-)

Cheers,
Boris
Old 02-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Itgb
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if it makes any difference to you, but Dyno Spot Racing in SJ is standard $85/hr on their Dynojet. If you get people together, I'm sure they will lower the price. I've been there a few times as well as other 16V owners and we have all been please with their service.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boris, why does the offer to dyno my car not surprise me? I'm hoping to find the time to leave it at the local shop to have the tail painted.

Yes, I'm planning on a looong weekend at Thunderhill with 2 days with NCRC and the PCA TT the next two days. I'm not so crazy to add the extra day with TrackMasters on Monday though. I think 5 days would be too much I'm going to have to stock up on tires and brake pads.

Quick Reply: dyno tuning appointment