Sponsored by:

Shout Out for CTEK battery chargers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 01:15 PM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shout Out for CTEK battery chargers

I purchased a new CTEK charger back in early 2012 when I picked up the 96 C4S based on recommendations off of this website. Well fast forward 7+ years, and I needed to warranty it due to a nonfunctioning status. I had no receipt but reached out to the CTEK crew via their warranty claims website. They asked for a photo of the model as well as the serial number. Based on those two items, they informed me that the unit was good to go on the warranty claim. All I had to do was to ship it to them in their Twinsburg, Ohio office. Well one week later, I received a brand new upgraded unit at no cost to me. The whole process from original email to arrival of the replacement took less than 2 weeks.

Just wanted to provide them as a great recommendation on a great product once again based on this incredible interaction. Of course, I have no affiliation with CTEK at all. Presuming any one of us would receive the same customer service.

old charger

new, more expensive replacement
Old 04-14-2019, 02:03 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by osugasman
Just wanted to provide them as a great recommendation on a great product once again based on this incredible interaction.
I wish I could say the same since I bought a couple of CTEKs back then as well.

The tactile mode switch on mine failed to toggle through the modes (and this from the the newer CTEK that I hardly ever used), and that seems to be a common problem after doing a search on Google and YouTube.

If I would have known that they replace them AFTER the warranty expired, it would not have made it to the garbage.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:51 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 263 Posts

One of mine broke and I just replaced it. Wrote an email on missing o ring on a connector asking how to replace. They never got back to me. Guess experiences vary.

Quick Reply: Shout Out for CTEK battery chargers