Sponsored by:

Saw 2 GT2's at Tischer Porsche in Silver Spring today

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 441 Posts
Default Saw 2 GT2's at Tischer Porsche in Silver Spring today

I was getting my "new" car serviced today at Tischer Porsche/BMW/Audi in Silver Spring MD early this morning

and walked into the sales area (hadn't been to this dealer in a year or so) and noticed a speed yellow 996 race car on the showroom floor (it was a customer's that they put inside for some reason) and around the bend I saw the most beautiful wing I'd ever seen, and realized it wasn't a regular 996 but the GT2 in Grey/black interior. It was stunning. I had never seen one at a dealer before (not that I look much) and was shocked to see it just sitting there. They said they ordered it for someone and they were waiting for them to pick it up at the end of the month (why would someone wait!).

I got bored later in the morning and walked outside and noticed ANOTHER new GT2 (black/black) sitting in the back amongst a dozen other 996's. I didn't realize they are so common now, or are they? I've never seen one on the street before. The only one I'd ever seen was at the Hershey Swap meet 2 years ago in the concours area. At $187k, I was surprised to see 2 on one cold winter day today. It made my day.

Also noticed the new C4S convertibles sitting in the back. I don't like the roofline on them... though I'm sure they'll sell the heck out of them.

I'm jealous of you warmer climate gents in that you get to drive your 993's year round without worry. In these parts, it's just nasty out, and I don't want to subject it to the ice, salt, dirty slush and sand that's on the roads.

Steve

Last edited by Steve 96C4S; 02-09-2004 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:33 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

They can still be new and a couple years old if they havent been sold.
I have seen some trucks like that, but I would think they would have
to deal on a 2 year old "new" car.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:56 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

From my read of the Excellence article comparing the GT3 with the Carrera RS, the GT3 sounds like the way to go. Sounds like great ride with a NA engine.

Viken, is it as great as it sounds in the article?

Quick Reply: Saw 2 GT2's at Tischer Porsche in Silver Spring today