Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Headlight washer nozzle delete plugs - anyone have these?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 12:49 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Headlight washer nozzle delete plugs - anyone have these?

Some time ago, longer than I can remember, I bought these plugs. It’s an aluminum plug that has a giant nut that would hold it from behind. They’ve sat in a box for years until this week when I decided to start all the car projects that have stacked up over the years. I have no record anywhere of purchasing them and can’t find any internet evidence of their existence. I feel like I got them on closeout from bumper plugs or somewhere like that.

I painted them, took the nozzles and bumper cover off, but ran into a snag. The issue is that the giant nut that presumably is supposed to hold the plug on is too big to get through the hole behind where the nozzle sits.

If anyone has used these, any tips on how to get the nut in there, or alternative ways to mount these things???

Old 03-27-2019, 01:25 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Seems like a plastic push in rivet automotive clip spray painted to match the body color would do the trick and as an added benefit wouldn't damage the paint on the hood.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:33 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
Seems like a plastic push in rivet automotive clip spray painted to match the body color would do the trick and as an added benefit wouldn't damage the paint on the hood.
Yeah, that seems like it would have been a good idea... if I hadn't bought these at some point... and painted them this week. I'm going to put a little piece of clear bra underneath them so I'm not too worried about the paint, and yesterday I went to a specialty fastener store and luckily found some nuts that WILL fit into the hole under the nozzle. So I'm good now.

I fell like these things being mildly popular when I bought them. I'm surprised no one has chimed in with how they got them to fit.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might try the guys at Bumperplugs. Owner is a Rennlister,
Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:49 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Howdy993
You might try the guys at Bumperplugs. Owner is a Rennlister,
Hope this helps.
Ditto. Expensive but color matched and convenient.

Quick Reply: Headlight washer nozzle delete plugs - anyone have these?