Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

white 993 C4S advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 12:27 PM
mpit
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

what is the difference between a C2 and a C2S?
Old 03-18-2019, 03:10 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Remember that there are several white colors out there. Glacier is the one that is the whitest (and the best IMHO although I am a bit biased. I think both glacier and grand prix white were offered in 96/97 but I may be wrong.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:12 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by mpit
what is the difference between a C2 and a C2S?
C2S is Widebody and C2 is Narrow Body.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:15 PM
UofM
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmorat
I would have no problem offering a dealership $85k as it's all part of the process but probably not a private individual as people get tetchy and negotiations break down. Dealerships have seen it all and don't take things personally.

That being said, the problem is buying remotely and making lowball offers is the dealership can't smell the money about to walk out the door and sweeten the pot, even by a little bit to stop that from happening. They also know you're in the **** end of somewhere that doesn't have this car available or you wouldn't be phoning them so there's only so much they know they have to do

I was going to look at a white NB car in Palm Springs at one stage. If I ended up flying down there, I was going to just pose as a rando coming in off the street saying 'That's a pretty car, what is it?'.

Then again, they were looking for nearly $60k so it was more obviously overpriced IMO.

G
great info I agree .. working on getting a rennlist we to look at it for me and if it checks out I’ll fly out
Old 03-18-2019, 10:16 PM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by CarreraX
Remember that there are several white colors out there. Glacier is the one that is the whitest (and the best IMHO although I am a bit biased. I think both glacier and grand prix white were offered in 96/97 but I may be wrong.
Grand Prix white was the standard white for '96 then Glacier white for '97 and '98.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 283 Posts

I've been to this Dealer several times in the past few years as I like to stay in MDR on business trips. They do get some nice cars, though if you are serious about this C2S you should ask the Dealer if they would support a PPI by Callas Rennsport. Callas is expensive but their PPI's are as thorough as they get through their unrivaled experience and knowledge Porsche models and what to look for. If the dealer is willing to get the car over to Callas and their inspection comes back positive, then offer the dealer their asking price minus the cost of the PPI (around $2K with Callas) and whatever minor fixes are necessary. Pass otherwise IMO.

Quick Reply: white 993 C4S advice