993 Forum 1995-1998

need to know the fuse for the alarm horn

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to know the fuse for the alarm horn

I guess my keyless entry remote battery died out so i had to lock the door manually. When i came back to drive the car, as soon as i opened the door, the alarm goes off. I tried to turn the alarm off but the damn thing wont. I had to unplug the battery to make the alarm horn go away. I changed the remote's battery but it still wont turn off the alarm. So i need to know the fuse for the alarm horn so i can try to fix the problem thats causing this to happen. I took out the two-tone horn fuse and relay but the alarm horn still goess off. Any other fuses to take out? What can cause the alarm to go off??
Old 02-07-2004, 07:13 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

According to my manual, in a case like this "operate the key three times or alarm button six times". No kidding. I assume by "operate" they mean lock-unlock the car three times in a row with a key. Try it, it should work. Let us know.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

My alarm went off for some reason on its own last summer and then after a bit just stopped. I could not get it to work and decided to check the fuse box. Seemed the same fuse that lights the front hood (Bonnet to the Brits) must be on the same relay as the alarm, because when I replaced it, the alarm worked again (so did the light in the hood). Not a 100% sure if this applies as it turns out I had a short in the hood wiring. Good luck!
Old 02-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

anyone???? My keyless entry remote is not working. I replaced the battery and still no luck.

Last edited by Shant Ohannessian; 02-23-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Anyone experience similar? I wait 4 min. for the alarm to turn off, then i open the door again and alarm goes off again for another 4min. Its an infinite loop! I cant start the car or anything! Is it possible that the computer on the car is not responding to the keyless remote? How can i reprogram it so that it works again.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:34 PM
adambos
Advanced

I believe there is also a way of turning the alarm off using a sequence of turns with your key in the ignition. You'll need to know your factory 4 digit code for this. Instructions should be in the owners manual.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:49 AM
dale_loch
Instructor

There are two sets of horns that operate the alarm. The first is your regular set of horns that are operated by the steering wheel. If you check under your hood (passenger side) fuse box; I believe that horn is fuse # 3. The second set of horns (alarm) is under the car by the engine (Drivers side). If you have your engine tray removed, you can easily pull the hot (red) wire off of the horn. From under the car looking up, it is the wire towards the right (passenger side). It is a pain, but you can get your car back to normal. (Very lengthy and time consuming) PM me if you need further info.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:27 AM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Thanks, im going to mess around with it more. Seems like the car is in shut down mode and it wont let me start the engine or even open the door without having the alarm go off. By taking out the horn fuse, its just so that i can work on the car without going deaf. I wish i can actually fix the problem but as of now, i have no idea what can cause this to happen.

Any good alarm shops that know what they are doing around the valley?

Quick Reply: need to know the fuse for the alarm horn