993 Forum 1995-1998

Air Conditioning Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning Problem

I have lived with somewhat poor AC shortly after I purchased my p car in early 2003. It blows cold but sounds like its not blowing at full force and even sounds a bit as though it was partially plugged (the air flow makes a bit of a wheezing sound).
When I test drove the vehicle prior to buying it, I had checked the AC and it sounded fine and cooled the car.
The week after I bought it the wiring harness was replaced (recall). The second I drove it away from the shop, I smelled electrical smoke, brought it back and they did a full check. Came back and said no problems. Two days later my battery was dead. Brought it back and after 2 weeks in the shop trying to find the source of the problem, they discovered it was a wiring short for the hood light and charged me $800.00 . I was there every day and saw them constantly trying to figure out where the short was as it happened on an infrequent basis. I chalked it up to bad luck. In respect to the AC they said everything checked out fine.
I did the search and reviewed the 993 board summary and it stated when the wiring harness is replaced there could be AC problems. Outside of this, I have had zero problems with my 95 993 C4.

Sorry for the way long post, but would really appreciate any comments or direction.
Thank you
Rob

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning Problem