Sponsored by:

96TT/10k miles worth

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 01:14 AM
lexpilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate to be the gremlin

Your TT is a very unique car. Low miles on one of the fastest cars in the universe. How about a compromise ? If you can get a premium price for your TT then sell it. Used 1995 Carrera coupes are possibly going for half of what your car might sell for. If you can't get a premium for your low mileage car then don't sell. Let the car market dictate your decision. If you can sell the TT then start your search for an "Ordinary" Carrera which still will be way more fun than a Saturn. Your proportion of Porsche expense to your net worth is a little heavier than normal and you can bring it back in line.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:34 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

AC

I don't know if this applies, but most other people I know, after 2 kids, will try to get a bigger house, or shop for a house in a better school district. That is typically what strains their budget.

If that's not you case, then I think you're in good shape, as both cars are paid for. We also carry no other payments other than mortgage, and we will stay in our current house forever. This allows us to enjoy life more as we do not have to save for housing up-grade.

CP
Old 02-01-2004, 04:16 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to sound like an old man, but the view from 50 says "drive 'em like they're stolen".
Old 02-02-2004, 10:52 AM
AGC
Racer

I want to first thank everyone for their opinions and suggestions. I think at this point I will keep the car and hope to use it more during the summer. I will play it by ear, if and when the time comes to sell the car because I need the funds, then I will make the decision then. Why jump the gun, you only live once enjoy it a bit.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:58 AM
willisit
Racer

I wouldn't pretend to be able to guess here but consider that your TT is a LOW miler and BLACK... man, what I wouldn't do for your car.

Keep it - at least until I can afford to buy it off you
Old 02-03-2004, 05:11 AM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear AC,

nobody can tell you how to live your life except you, but if you really think about it, how much pleasaure can paying off half your mortgage give you? Before I bought my TT I had the money burning a hole in my pocket and I was thinking, do I do the sensible and pay my mortgage off or the practical and get my dream car?
For me, having the TT only makes me work harder to keep my mortgage paid AND keep the car on the road!

Of course, if your TT, or anything else no longer gives you any pleasure, move the money into something that does!
Alan

Quick Reply: 96TT/10k miles worth