Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to remove brake pad sensor wire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 02:26 PM
mick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How to remove brake pad sensor wire?

I'm taking my brake calipers off to have them powder coated as described in Robins p-car site. Cant figure out how to unplug the brake pad sensor wire from the calipers. Have followed Robin's directions on his web page and have freed the wire from the clip but afraid to pull on the wire and cant see how it slides out. thanks. mick
Old 03-10-2002, 02:30 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mick
You need to open the black hard rubber cylinder like "canister" into which the wires disappear and then you can easily unplug the wire connector. As I recall, there is a tab to unlock the clamshell opening. Do NOT try to force the plug out of the canister.

If you are referring to the connection to the brake pad itself, there is a good chance of breaking the sensor trying to remove it. I've had success in removing the pad with the sensor attached & then prying up gently with a small bladed screwdriver from the bottom - the sensor slides into the pad from the end. I've found a little water as a lubricant helps.

<a href="http://www.msroadrace.com/TechStuff/TechIllustrations/993/6WheelsBrakes/FrontCaliper.jpg" target="_blank">Brake Caliper Diagram</a>

BTW, if you disconnect the sensor wire from the canister you can leave it attached to the pad for your project (unless you are also changing pads).
Old 03-10-2002, 02:49 PM
mick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks Dan.

Quick Reply: How to remove brake pad sensor wire?