993 Forum 1995-1998

Momo wheel center bore

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Top-Gun
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Momo wheel center bore

Years ago I installed a modern 350mm Momo Prototipo in my car. Although I liked it, it was sanitary and I decided I wanted something vintage with a bit of character. I stumbled across a 30 year old 370mm Momo GT and snagged it. It's a Euro market only wheel with red stitching, and in surprisingly nice shape for its age.

After cleaning it up and treating the leather, I went to install it to find it doesn't fit. The center bore of my Prototipo is 55mm, whereas this GT is 51mm. As a result, the wheel doesn't fit over the lip on the horn button retaining ring.

Has anyone run into this issue and if so what did you do? It looks like all the horn retaining rings available are for a 55mm bore. Same goes for the horn button, if I find a smaller retaining ring I'll need a smaller horn button to fit it.

My other option is to open the bore up in the wheel but I'd rather attempt to find the right parts.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2018, 01:30 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Tre bizarre. Every single Momo I've ever played with had the same center bore, I believe.

And Prototipo.. is a very old wheel, I think it's been available for over 30 years.

Quick Reply: Momo wheel center bore