Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Height difference between H&R and Eibach springs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 04:37 AM
winsome
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Height difference between H&R and Eibach springs?

Can someone give me an idea of the differences between the two springs. I love the way my current set up Eibach with HD but honestly it will look even better with the lower height. Any idea?

Many Thanks,
Old 01-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eibach is softer and will lower car more. H&R is generally favored over Eibach due to better quality. However, if you're happy with your Eibach springs, keep them. It is not worth the expense to change them.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:40 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The H&R springs will lower the car 1.4" in front and 1.3" in rear, as I recall from my research. I don't have the specs on the Eibachs but as Viken says, they will lower your car more.
I was not happy with my H&R springs until I installed Bilstein HD's all around. Now I love the springs.

chuck
Old 01-29-2004, 03:21 AM
winsome
Instructor

Thanks. My current setup give me a very comfortable ride at low speed, over small bumps. Amazing what progressive spring can do, and at high speed corner it feel very stable as well. I ordered my adjustable sway bay to tame the body roll further but the car will look really good if the all the fender gaps are gone. Now I have about half an inch (approx) left and there is no more room to adjust. Better wait until I needed to change to PSS9?
Old 01-29-2004, 04:03 AM
winsome
Instructor

Oh and just for everybodies interest the Eibach lower the ride height as follow.... F/1.3 R/1.0
So the H&R lower slight more at the Front 0.1 and a touch more at the Rear 0.3
Actually I still have quite a bit more to lower down at the rear but just running out of thread at the front.
By the way is it normal for H&R or Eibach to have differences in length withing a set, like half an inch differences or in variation in spring rate?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by winsome
Oh and just for everybodies interest the Eibach lower the ride height as follow.... F/1.3 R/1.0
So the H&R lower slight more at the Front 0.1 and a touch more at the Rear 0.3
All else being the same, it is the Eibach that lowers the car a bit more. When adjustable height spring perches and corner balancing come into play, the differences can be reversed.

Quick Reply: Height difference between H&R and Eibach springs?