Sponsored by:

CDR-210/Won't play burned CD's

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 01:37 PM
KLehmann
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

I am by NO MEANS an audio expert, but figured i'd chime in since I didn't see anybody mention this issue. When I purchased my burner, the recommendation for audio burning is to use CD-R discs and not CD-RW discs. The reason being some home/car CD players do not support CD-RW discs. Somebody slap me if i'm way over my skis!!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 11:21 AM
jhb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe you can use the CD-RW disks, but you must burn them in the CD-R format. NOTE: have not done this myself. When I created the CD's, CD-RW did not exist, or at least was new and therefore expensive.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:43 PM
JohnM
Racer

It is fairly common for car and home CD players to be unable to read CD-RW, the discs have much lower reflectivity than CD-R. On top of this there can be quite a lot of variation in CD-RW reflectivity between different disc manufacturers, fairly common to find some brands will work in a player and others not. CD-R should work in most players.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

I honestly suggest trying a CDR made only for audio recording purposes.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:51 PM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
Unrealted to all this discussion, I just burned a CD-R today and it didn't play in the CDR-210. I have successfully played CD-R's on it before so I went back and checked the settings on CD Creator and sure enough it was set to leave the session/disc open. I set it to close the session after recording and burned another one which did play in the Becker.

I have no personal experience with CD-RW but by most accounts it's more finicky as far as playback in audio players.

The files are definitely .wav and the CD-R I use are cheap Memorex's
Old 05-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
When burning CD-R for standalone CD player or for any computer un-related devices you must close the session and so it can write the TOC (Table of content) to the CD in order for it to work.

Leaving it open will only allow the CD to work in computer CD-ROM drives, and in some cases not all computer CD-ROM drives will work. But you still would have the opportunity to add more data into a opened CDR.

To eliminate any confusion and to get the best possibly sound quality I use a standalone CDRW to record all my CDs. My Teac RWH-500 reference model CDRW is hooked directly to my standalone Techniques CD player using a optical tosslink cable, which in turn eliminates going through any D/A converter on either end. Basically making an exact digital duplicate of the original CD. The Teac reference is a professional model CDRW which will allow you to turn off the SCMS (Serial Copy Management System), turning the SCMS off will allow you to duplicate unlimited numbers of original recording and will allow you to use regular computer data CDR disc instead of the expensive "digital audio" CDR.

"Of course I only make copies from the music CDs which I have purchased the original, it is illegal to copy music CDs that you do not have ownership to. On top of that it would be unfair to the musicians."

Quick Reply: CDR-210/Won't play burned CD's