Radio fitment disaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 08:17 AM
'95 993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio fitment disaster

Help,

I was fitting a new radio this morning and all was going fine until the connector pulled off the end of the cable from the power amplifier leaving me with a bunch of cables and a plug and no idea how to reconnect the cables to the plug.

The plug has eight connectors numbered 1 - 8. I have looked on the mtchell manual and radio and connections are not even mentioned.

The car is a '95 carrerra with the 10 speaker option and power amp.

Anyone got to a wiring diagram so I can resolder the wires onto the plug?

Many thanks

John
Old 01-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you need volume 7 of the workshop manuals. It looks like sheet 9 on page 58 is the wiring diagram of the radio on a 95 model. I tried to scan it but the print was so small it was not legible.

I'll try to figure out how to scan a copy with print large enough to read.

Also your problem is not a disaster it's a small mess that can easily and inexpensively be fixed. So relax.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:54 AM
'95 993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron,

Thanks, relaxing now, Wife is off my back (why are you spending all you time on that damn car again) and the kids (dad can we go out now) just when the connector comes off and the car is in a heap of bits!!

Looking at the cable it appears not to be part of the loom, it goes into the tranny tunnel as a seperate cable (haven't pulled the console yet or the drivers seat as I think the amp sits under the drivers seat). Does anyone know if it is seperate and can I buy it front my local stealer or better still Car Audio shop?

PS is the amp under the drivers seat?

Just my luck, I "obtained" my Mitchell from ebay and don't appear to have volume "7"

TIA

John
Old 01-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

John,

I'm not sure if the amps under the passenger seat or not since I've not done anything with my radio.

Volume 7 is one of the factory workshop manuals for the 993. At the present time Porsche will not make these manuals available for sale to anyone, as far as I know. Some people do have these manuals on CD. Maybe someone in the UK will make one available to you.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:16 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

My '96 993 with the factory 10 speaker system has the amp under the passenger seat. It is a Nokia amp.
Good luck,

chuck
Old 01-25-2004, 03:26 PM
YellowC4S
Racer

you got an exact page?

Quick Reply: Radio fitment disaster