Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower 993 w/o changing suspension??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 08:11 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lower 993 w/o changing suspension??

guys- another related suspension question:
can i lower my c2 w/o installing new shocks?
My shop suggested that this is bad (i assume they are just trying to get my $5k).
What springs to you recommend for just lowering w/o shocks? Will the result be ok?
=r
Old 04-25-2002, 08:41 PM
cmoss

From everything I've read (see threads M030 etc), this is a bad idea. I'm in the same position, and have decided to purchase the M030 suspension when funds allow (soon I hope). Check out Carnewal.com, and p-car.com, for options and reasoning respectively.
Cheers,
Chris
'96 C2
Old 04-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More information from Steve Weiner about suspensions:

<a href="http://www.rennsportsystems.com/~porsche/993.html" target="_blank">http://www.rennsportsystems.com/~porsche/993.html</a>

Jeff
Old 04-25-2002, 09:02 PM
okindao
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had H & R Sport springs Installed with no shock changes. Car looks great and handles great

Dennis
97 Triple black Cab
Old 04-25-2002, 09:06 PM
Mdrury
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Rob,
Definately inadvisable, as many have said on this board before. Terry Adams and I came up with a new version of the "butt-dyno" test to check out our shocks last week-end. Basically we drove each others' car around the mountains for a few hours watching closely how own car also behaved under the same condition. I swear it was that easy. And with both cars at 71K+ miles, us rocket scientists figured out pretty quickly that we both need new shocks. Well , that at an ROW030 kit each! Once that work's done ( waiting on the Bilstein HDs ), I'm happy to do a demo to anyone else in the area considering the change
Old 04-26-2002, 10:30 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
check out <a href="http://p-car.com/susfaq.html" target="_blank">Robin's Site</a> for all the options and good evaluations of them.

I purchased my car with H&R springs. It looked great and it did not roll as much as the stock cars I have driven. Though, at slow speeds on uneven road the ride was a little "choppier" than a friends stock car. The ride was not "harsh" and the choppiness was definitely tolerable.

My car had a leaking rear shock and when I started to replace it I decided to replace all 4 corners with the PSS-9's but no RS sway bars. (I still have the H&R's that I will sell cheap ) The Bilstien's were a great upgrade. The coilovers offer a more controled and matched ride and are superior in all ways to thee the spring only method but cost more $$$. I can't comment on the ROW M030 set up because I have never driven a car set up this way.

That being said if track usage is not a factor and your budget only allows for the springs it does offer some advantages and the ride is not bad for daily commute and weekend driving usage. If your car is used extensively at the track then I would avoid the spring only method. Just my observations.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Brian,

You got mail!

Quick Reply: Lower 993 w/o changing suspension??