Sponsored by:

TT Big Reds???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 11:36 AM
GILSC2S
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post TT Big Reds???

I'm new to this board and I just picked up a 97 C2S with only 30K miles on it,very nice car!!Well like every enthusiast I am installing the TT big reds,what I would like to know if you guys could give me some pointers of what to look for and what kind of brake fluid.What I have now for brake fluid is the brembo brand.TIA

Gil
Old 10-31-2002, 11:49 AM
GILSC2S
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info!
Old 10-31-2002, 11:59 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by GILSC2S:
<strong>...Well like every enthusiast I am installing the TT big reds,...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Gil
No flame intended, but I'd disagree with this assumption. IMO, for other than heavy track use, the Big Reds offer no real world advantages & are thus cosmetic. Most "enthusiasts" around here find the oem (black/silver) calipers to be excellent for street/DE use. So don't expect to see improvement in braking/stopping distances & you might have some undesired front/rear brake balance problems from the conversion.

The Board's prevailing preference for brake fluid is ATE Super Blue Racing (discontinued, but available) or, as Kim said, the same stuff in amber - ATE Type 200. Many threads in the archives (hit search at top of page) on Big Reds v. oem & brake fluid comparisons.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:03 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I agree with Dan. The Big Reds are nice but not 100% neccesary. The cost of the brake pads and rotors goes up a good bit with the larger sizes also.

Robin also has a DIY article on getting "big reds" using your existing calipers.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:25 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis:
Big Reds offer no real world advantages<hr></blockquote>
Yes, but they are "purty"!

Quick Reply: TT Big Reds???