Cargraphic oil cooler question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cargraphic oil cooler question

Just had a Cargraphic oil cooler installed on my car (along with Turbo S front fogs and Fabspeed oval exhaust tips).

During the install of the oil cooler, we noticed that the banjo fittings attached to the delivery and return hoses moved fairly easily around the bolts that attached the hoses to the cooler. We would expect this fitting to be tight rather than be able to rotate the brass fitting around the bolt as this where the oil passes through. We started the car and allowed the oil to circulate and there afre no leaks ( thank God, we were sweating it).

Has any one else noticed this? I'm going to email gert as this is where I bought the unit.

Any reassurances would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pics later of the tips and lights.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed the same thing Steve.

After thinking about it, I figured that I was using a BIG wrench to turn those bolts and that was still why they seemed easy to turn. All you are trying to do is seat the banjo bolts into the copper washers. If you overtighten them, then you can destroy the sealing washers. It would have been nice though if there was a torque spec for those bolts...
Old 01-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Viper Bob. I was worried. I just emailed Gert and he has emailed back but just asked if what I said was fact. I will let you know his further response. I agree about the torque specs. However the system went on fine and appears to be high quality. I just hope the AC wasn't compromised too much living here in NC and SC. The summers can be brutle.

Steve

Quick Reply: Cargraphic oil cooler question