Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Tramont Cup Wheel dirt pattern

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts

I know that on most 3 piece wheels there are torque specs. When I sent my Fikse wheels into Wheel Enhancement for a "refreshing", they split the wheel, added inners and outers as required (needed 1 of each) added new gaskets and torqued the wheels to Factory Specs. I am certain Tremont has torque specs.

BTW the Wheel Enhancement experience was epic, incredible service and very knowledgable.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Frenchfelgen
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
No such issues w. OEM Speedline wheels and I've been fortunate to own a couple of sets of those. It appears that they are clear coated after being bolted together and there are no gaps where dust and grime can hide. It doesn't look like Tramont produces them the same way... The bolts are also different on the Tramont wheels so that may have something to do with it as well.
Tramont is a french manufacturer (about a 1h30 drive from my place, very near the Swiss Alps) they cater to high end sportscar on the aftermarket, but they are no behemoth like Speedline, who is now owned by Ronal.
On a side note most alloy wheels makers have started that way to later gain enough influence to supply directly manufacturers
Old 11-01-2018, 03:46 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Not in my experience (Toro electric blower with a "turbo" setting). The leaf blower doesn't have enough power to drive water out of all of the crevices or under glass seals. A leaf blower is also quite unwieldy and bulky. .
AND TOO FRACKING NOISY!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate listening to them.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:01 PM
fivelitre
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run two sets of Speedline Daytona's with polished lips (no lacquer) and do not have the issue mentioned by the OP.
Tramont use a different wheel fixing which obviously is not sealed against the rim lip which is causing trapped moisture to expel outwards when on the move. Not much you can do apart from split them and address the mating surfaces.

C.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:06 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
No such issues w. OEM Speedline wheels and I've been fortunate to own a couple of sets of those. It appears that they are clear coated after being bolted together and there are no gaps where dust and grime can hide. It doesn't look like Tramont produces them the same way... The bolts are also different on the Tramont wheels so that may have something to do with it as well.
My experience as well with OEM. There’s your answer.

Quick Reply: Weird Tramont Cup Wheel dirt pattern