looking for speed yellow C4S

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:52 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
It does?

It was a car that I had talked with him about last winter and he never mentioned it to me...
Old 06-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I've got the color and the seats, but wrong car!
Old 06-26-2003, 05:33 PM
RichardS
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for the additional leads and info.

I think I'm going to pass on the Sloan car due to his reputation, delay in returning my calls, and the potential of paint and body work on that car.

I have a call in to the dealer selling the 2S on ebay but I'm not hopeful on that. Salesguy said he was not sure if they still had it and will have to call me back, what's up with that? I just do not get the used car dealer business. Sounds like some kind of evasion to me, I mean would you not be able to check your inventory while on the phone? Perhaps I just caught him at a busy time, but I would have appreciated an honest response in that case.

That car has 62000 miles and I bet they want over retail for it. We'll see if they want to deal. I do not mind the mileage if the car is in good shape and can be had at a fair price.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:35 PM
RichardS
AutoX

dmccart, if you can dig up the old email that would be nice, I will try to contact the seller to see what the current situation is.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Richard,

According to their website, Northwest Investment Cars wants $54,995 for the Yellow C2S:
<a href="http://www.nwicars.com/sport.htm##porsche" target="_blank">http://www.nwicars.com/sport.htm##porsche</a>

Scary thing (for 996 owners, that is) is that they have a 2001 996 with half the mileage for the same price!

Good luck in your search.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:44 PM
RichardS
AutoX

Holy cow, I just got off the phone with them and that's what they want. I looked a KBB, Edmunds, and NADA and retail for that car is in the $44-47 range.

For a laugh I'll let you know the salesman said it was a "hot car and they do not expect to have it long." But according to J-McDonald, whom I do not know but would trust more as he is a Rennlister, they have had it for quite a while already. He also started telling me about the "porsh 933" they have for sale before I thanked him for his time and said goodbye.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:47 PM
RichardS
AutoX

In case anyone else was interested, Richard Sloan did call back and said he sold the speed yellow car a while ago. Apparently he is in the middle of a move and his website is out of date, I think he said around 20 of the cars on his site have already sold. If you want to shop with him you will have to call instead of relying on the online inventory.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
RichardS and dmccart:
FWIW, I bought that Florida car back in January with 5,500 miles. Still smelled new...

Quick Reply: looking for speed yellow C4S