Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sound Proofing and Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004 | 02:43 PM
benedsha
5th Gear

Angry New Sound Proofing and Carpet

I have a 97 Cab and this past fall I was caught in a heavy rainstorm while on a trip. After gloating about no leaks in the top, I reached into the rear floor pan just behind the passneger seat, only to find the floorboard soaked. PISSED. After returning home, I decided to remove all of the carpet and formed sound proofing (like a sponge) to dry the car out. I am looking to replace the carpet, sound proofing, as well as the console panels (they are a little worn). Looking for some direction. My interior is Cashmere.

Any leads on where to find replacement soundproofing, carpet, etc...
Old 01-16-2004 | 03:10 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you had black you'd be in business. I'm going through the removal of all of my sound proofing/uneeded carpet now. However, with as many guys removing interior weight from their cars on this board, I'd guess someone could help you. Alot of the sound proofing is glued to the carpet.

Good Luck,
Andy
Old 01-16-2004 | 05:39 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

It would be a shame if you threw it all away. The sound proofing and padding is not ruined just because it got wet.

If you do a search, I think Bob Brooks (viperbob) posted a source of carpet a month or two ago that was inexpensive, but needed to be cut to fit (as opposed to the very pricey already cut to fit stuff). The PET shows part numbers for the repaceable (non-glued) carpet pieces.

You can get black rubber padding in different thicknesses at your local Home Depot (or equivalent) but you're going to have to create your own to replaced the formed pieces that you removed.

Edit: I was wrong, the PET does also show part numbers for the padding. I bet it will not be cheap!
Old 01-16-2004 | 05:40 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

You can get factory carpeting from Veteran Company in Los Angeles. You can also get leather if you want to redo your interior panels.

I purchased cashmere carpeting and black leather to redo my rear seat delete kit.

Quick Reply: New Sound Proofing and Carpet