Cold, Cold, Cold

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 05:26 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by viperbob
OK the time is now 9:11, temp has warmed up to 58F so it seems like the appropriate time to head to the garage for some projects....
Hi Bob
Remember when we spoke last week & I told you it was 6 deg that am? Well you remember St. Louis weather, don't you? It's now 61 deg so I'm off to wash my car & bleed my tires
Old 01-11-2004, 10:48 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Re: Cold, Cold, Cold

Originally posted by aap
It is miserably cold here in the N. East. Sunday is my day to spend time with my PCar. Bright and sunny but about 10 degrees. Other than ample time to warm up, do you do anything different when driving in this weather?
Thanks!
aap,
no expert i, but i went out sat afternoon for a joyride of about 45 mins in sunny 15F. i was pleasantly surprised at the level of comfort in the car.
hot seats and heater were ace! noises were kept to as minimum too , with the exception of sway bar bushes , which need to go i guess.
i ran it in auto mode for a while to keep revs below 3k as oil warmed up...(btw, does the red light at top of oil temp gauge go on once a 'minimum' level reached?...i thought it wasnt on when i started, but glancing at it later , saw it illuminated. guess i should study up some more.)
well once i felt that she was at close to normal temps i took her up to about 85-90 (when i could) on local state pkwy , and kept revs close to 3k , with my tip-shifts between 4 and 5k, just to run it a bit. i always feel more comfortable leaving some cushion off the red line anyway.
car felt great in the cold. no complaints , just hope i'm treating it well.
good luck , j.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:07 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool & we're warm, warm, warm...

turned out to be a beautiful day in sunny cali. had some great "waves" from other 993ers on the 210 fwy in pasadena (wondering if any "listers"? silver cab & a silver "tt"... both very sweet!!!) top down & it was, get this... 73degrees in the shade. man! are we getting great cab weather out here.

compared to nyc (which i still love) l.a. is a trip... some days (like today) can't figure out whether to ski in the local mountains or surf at one of the beaches. weird... but i'll take it!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

When it gets to 0 degrees it is too cold to ski. Only thing going on around here is a little football.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:01 PM
aap
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've held my tounge (or better yet "my typing hand") long enough. My brother lives in CA as well and I am tired of hearing/reading about how much it sucks to live on the east coast.....If we didn't like it we wouldn't be here! Also we like water, electricity and lack of earthquakes...You can have your 70 and sunny. I'll take my four seasons.
(Pheew. That feels better.)
Old 01-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Philly, Baltimore, Carolina, New England - Yep, still fall here in the East.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:13 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey "aap/user" -->not knockin' it! as i'll be there in february. i love the seasons too. just enjoying my p-car in cali... that is all.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by aap
I've held my tounge (or better yet "my typing hand") long enough. My brother lives in CA as well and I am tired of hearing/reading about how much it sucks to live on the east coast.....If we didn't like it we wouldn't be here! Also we like water, electricity and lack of earthquakes...You can have your 70 and sunny. I'll take my four seasons.
(Pheew. That feels better.)
Hmmmmm
I'm pretty sure CA has "water, electricity" We don't have those funny hurricanes, and those pesky blizzards!........**lol**
Old 01-14-2004, 08:49 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

It's -16F in Maine with a windchill of -40F, and its supposed to get really cold (-30F with -60F windchill) tonight. Waxing is the last thing on my mind-time to find a jacket. True-on the way in to work I passed the Lemforder (German car parts) plant and saw a fellow leaving to their parking lot in shorts and a tee shirt!

Al

Quick Reply: Cold, Cold, Cold