Sponsored by:

Custom Rear Seat Delete Sub Enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:42 AM
grazingcow
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Custom Rear Seat Delete Sub Enclosure

I've been working on an Interior upgrade on my 97 Targa. The biggest upgrade being to the sound system. when I purchased the car 8 years ago I replaced the radio and speakers and added an amp under the passenger seat. Sound quality was much improved but now it's time to take it up a notch. First step was to remove the back seats and ad subwoofers. There aren't any vialble options so I decided to build my own enclosure to house an amp and two subs. I wanted to go full digital on the sound system so the main component that runs the system is a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty 8 channel digital signal processor. Next was replacing the head unit to Pioneer MVH-X370B, this is a very simple head unit that just serves as a bluetooth connection from my phone to the signal processor. The door cards will get replaced with a custom door panels that will house a Rockford Fosgate T3652, 6.5" speaker and tweeter component system. The rear houses 2 JBL two way 4x6 speakers. When finished the system will scream, much like the car does going down the road. I will update pics as the build goes.

Component List:
Head Unit: Pioneer MVH-X370B
Signal Processor: Rockford Fosgate 3sixty
Front stage: Rockford Fosgate T3652
Rear Stage: JBL P6462
Subs: 2 Kicker Solo-Baric S8c 8" woofers
Main Amp: Kicker IX 600 watt 4channels
Sub Amp: Kicker IX 1000 watt 1 channel

Old 07-08-2018, 01:50 AM
boisenelson
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 133 Posts

Geez, I wish I had those skills . Nothing better than rocking out to great tunes while carving turns in your Porsche.....nice work and I'll look forward to seeing the pics when installed

Quick Reply: Custom Rear Seat Delete Sub Enclosure