Sponsored by:

PSS9 settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Jean-Marc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PSS9 settings

I have a 996 and Billstein should come out with the PSS9 kit in about a month for my car. I am seriously considering the PSS9 option but would like input from those who have it on their 993 to know how easy/hard it is to change the settings for street and track. I know that I am making a huge assumption that it will be comparable but I'd like to know...
THX
JM
Old 01-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Ben in Plano, TX
Pro

JM

It's not a roadside endeavour but is straightforward enough at the track or in the garage. It's easiest if you lift the car a bit with a jack - although that's not absolutely necessary. On the fronts you have to crank the wheel all the way left to access the right front and all the way right to access the left front. My car is pretty low and I'm sure that makes access trickier.

My biggest issue is that the detents aren't very clearly marked so I always end up setting them full soft then 'feeling' for the clicks and counting up to where I want it. I'm always a bit uncertain that I have them just right. Also, they don't move as freely as when new and the stops aren't as obvious either.

Having said all that - I'm satisfied with the setup!

Ben
Old 01-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Jean-Marc
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Ben in Plano, TX:
<strong>JM

It's not a roadside endeavour but is straightforward enough at the track or in the garage. It's easiest if you lift the car a bit with a jack - although that's not absolutely necessary. On the fronts you have to crank the wheel all the way left to access the right front and all the way right to access the left front. My car is pretty low and I'm sure that makes access trickier.

My biggest issue is that the detents aren't very clearly marked so I always end up setting them full soft then 'feeling' for the clicks and counting up to where I want it. I'm always a bit uncertain that I have them just right. Also, they don't move as freely as when new and the stops aren't as obvious either.

Having said all that - I'm satisfied with the setup!

Ben</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Thanks so much. That sounds pretty doable
Old 01-18-2003, 10:39 PM
kary993
Drifting

I have learned the feel of mine and simply lay down next to the wheel and reach in and change them. The fronts are a little harder since there is a cap over the dial and it is very centered as it were behind it but the rears are easy as they are more exposed. That is speaking for the 993 PSS9's. I enjoy the ability to do this for the track so easily!

Quick Reply: PSS9 settings