Sponsored by:

Slow sunroof when closing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 12:08 PM
justinbreese
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow sunroof when closing

My sunroof goes back fine (opens), however when I go to close it, it closes at a very slow rate. This wasn't an issue until recently. I did some searching on here and couldn't really find anything conclusive. Before I unzip the liner and start digging into this, has anyone experience this or know of the fix? Thank you!
Old 06-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

I had a very similar issue many years ago that would happen intermittently. Actually what I started doing was opening and closing it more often, lets say at least every time I drive the car. Somehow with that approach it hasn't happen again.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:31 AM
justinbreese
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight
I had a very similar issue many years ago that would happen intermittently. Actually what I started doing was opening and closing it more often, lets say at least every time I drive the car. Somehow with that approach it hasn't happen again.
So am I hearing to drive it more? Oh yeah!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:39 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,065 Posts

One can try shooting some spray oil base lubricant using an extension tube on the can into the tubes that the drive cables emanate from at the rear corners of the top. I suspect old dried lubricant along the length of the drive cables leading to the motor is the coulperate. Seeing the tubes may require some sunroof disassembly. I once serviced a 924s sunroof or identical design to the one on a 993, I seem to recall it wasn't that difficult to work on. In that case, the drive cable had pulled loose from the little side track car attached to the roof panel causing it to bind.
Andy

Quick Reply: Slow sunroof when closing