WTB: Turbo S intakes w/real foglights

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 12:48 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question WTB: Turbo S intakes w/real foglights

I'm looking for a source for "Turbo S" intakes w/foglights (not the oem low wattage positioning lights). Obviously, they'll be aftermarket. Someone suggested MA Shaw (will contact them next week) and BW Motorsports (could use contact info if you know). Any other possibilities? TIA
Old 01-18-2003, 12:57 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Dan did you see the recent post about swapping the low wattage positioning lights with PIAA 35W lamps?
Also how about the TechArt solution which offer fog lights and air vent for the brakes?
Old 01-18-2003, 11:45 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your responses.

Danny
I've followed that thread. However, the PIAA suggestion is a 20 degree beam spread driving light. I'm looking for functional fogs. Unfortunately, PIAA doesn't make a matching fog. As Kim said, the TechArt is quite expensive, probably because it includes brake ducting which I don't need/want.

Kim
The Turbo S ducts have useless "positioning lights." I'm trying to find the look & the fogs -
Old 01-18-2003, 01:14 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dan, the PIAA lights actually do work about as good as the OEM fogs as far as I can tell (at least when combined with the OEM Litronic headlights). If you have the US bumper cover, then there is a kit I saw in the performance products catalog that is basically the Turbo S type duct with a real fog light mounted in it. You can view it here:

<a href="http://www.performanceproducts.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProductName=996+Turbo+S+Brake+Ducts&productid=100506&pr oducttype=20" target="_blank">http://www.performanceproducts.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProductName=996+Turbo+S+Brake+Ducts&productid=100506&pr oducttype=20</a>

Note that the online catalog say this is for a 996 - as you can see in the picture it is a 993. Also the catalog I have in my office has it listed as for the 993.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:53 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
How about these options?

<a href="http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com/interiors/lights1/lights993d.html" target="_blank">better bodies</a>

<a href="http://www.design911.co.uk/lighting_parts_foglamps.htm" target="_blank">Design 911</a>
Old 01-31-2003, 04:05 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Here's the next to final chapter condensing all the info I've gotten thus far.
I purchased a pair of aftermarket "turbo S" ducts with fog lights from MA Shaw ($300). The ducts supposedly come ready to paint, but actually need a bit of finish sanding. Not a big deal. I've heard, but not confirmed, that BW Motorsports fabricates them for Shaw. They are at my shop for painting.

The fogs are reportedly sourced from the Corvette parts bin, are "real" fogs with a sharp cutoff and use a 37.5W halogen bulb (#894) with a projector lens. They look great & fit the ducts well.

I'll post some pics after I get them painted. Wiring should be 2 simple splices on each side. I'll also report on performance once mounted.

BTW, once my Euro Turbo front is done I won't need my oem fogs, bumperettes, narrow body Colgan bra, US (shortened) clear turn signal lenses, or oem amber turn signal lenses - anyone interested in any of those items?
Old 02-01-2003, 08:57 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Hmmm, I'm deciding between upgrading the wattage of the positioning light, using the PIAA light solution astutely discovered by Bill, or perhaps trying to source these Corvette fogs identified by Dan. If I understand you correctly, Dan, it seems like the Corvette fogs actually fit in the small round hole? (I'm resisting the urge to put an obscene joke here) I have the AJ USA version of the front air scoop/positioning light.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:30 AM
strangegobbler
Intermediate

Dan - I'm interested in the clear signal indicators - check your mail.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:47 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by John H. in DC Area:
<strong>If I understand you correctly, Dan, it seems like the Corvette fogs actually fit in the small round hole?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">John
The short answer is no. The MA Shaw duct has been fabricated for the "Corvette" light. It has a mounting bracket built into the duct to fit & mate to mounting points on the light. W/o a side by side I can't tell if the hole is even the same size. These lights will not fit the oem turbo S ducts as is. If you want this setup, it's probably more sensible to sell your ducts & buy Shaw's.

Mike - responded to your email.

Quick Reply: WTB: Turbo S intakes w/real foglights