Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Limited Slip, may be for sale? Is there a market?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 339 Posts
Post 993 Limited Slip, may be for sale? Is there a market?

I have a 97 Carrera with factory limited slip. It was rebuilt about 15 months ago by Andial. I am thinking of replacing the factory LSD with a 993 RSR Limited Slip. It has a higher percentage of lockup on deceleration and acceleration. This will be good for me because I track the car 6+ times a year.

I am thinking of pulling the Limited Slip in the next 30 days and will have new clutch plates added to make the unit, for all intents and purposes, a new limited slip.

I am curious if anyone is looking to add a limited slip to their G50/20 transmission. If so, shoot me an e-mail. Pwerhaps we can work something out.
Old 01-18-2003, 02:52 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts
Martin. I have a LSD in my car but is somewhat worn. I would like to see one up close since the factory service manuals dont seem to show much about the LSD. If its like many other clutch diffs, adding shim can tighten these worn-in diffs up.

I read about many people talking about how there LSD's are worn out and need replacement. New clutch type LSD's will loosen up from the clutch plates seating after some use. I would like to see pics of it when you get it out. I imagine it has a end cap that can be removed to get at the clutch's/ramps etc.

Take some pics when you get it out if you dont mind. Thanks

Chris
Old 01-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
Chris, Yes You can shim the stock LSD to bring it back after some plate wear in our stock diffs, ramp style is much better though as our stock plates tend to wear very quickly. The material used in our stock diff plates has not been as durable as what Porsche used in earlier iterations of the plate type LSD...FWIW....

Quick Reply: 993 Limited Slip, may be for sale? Is there a market?