Sponsored by:

Removing Aero Rear wing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 08:37 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Removing Aero Rear wing?

If you remove a factory aero rear wing do you need to replace the whole rear engine cover or only add the motorized wing? I was looking at a 993 cab with one and personaly don't care for them. I was wondering how much of a hassle it was to return it back to stock. If you have to replace the rear lid, I would imagine it would not be too hard to get one, maybe even the correct color. What about the electrical/control parts for the stock wing?

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 01-03-2004, 08:44 PM
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Shawn;

I just removed the rear wing on my 993 and replaced it with a Turbo-S style. It is very easy and straight forward. You need to confirm what the previous owner did with the two wire harnesses left after removing the original wing. Currently, I just have them wire tied in the engine.

If you are looking for a motorized wing, I have one in guards red.

Don
Old 01-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Kristoffer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on the wing they put on. My wing replaced the whole deck lid. So I just put my old on aside & zip tied my wiring harness up in the engine. So to put it back to stock would be very simple. With that being said if the previous owner cut the wires then ........
Old 01-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shawn,

Which aero wing is it that you would remove? I'm may be interested in buying it.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:17 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I was only considering purchasing one with a factory aero wing. If I go ahead with the purchase on of the first things I would do is remove the wing. I was just trying to get a sense on what was involved. If I go get it, I'll post it for sale.

Shawn
Old 01-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Georges Rebeiz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawn

When I first brought my car 10 months ago with the factory Aero-wing The first thing I wanted to do is remove THAT wing... Then I kept it for a few months and now I seem to like it as it gives the car a NICE BUTT...

I am planning to remove it someday but am always thinking of the hassle to get back the stock wing...so many screws and bolts to get back the stock look...

Quick Reply: Removing Aero Rear wing?