'95 Rear Wing Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Buck.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post '95 Rear Wing Options

What rear spoiler(s) were factory options on '95 narrow bodies in the US?

Thanks,
Old 01-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Wink

Buck,

To my understanding the only tail available in 1995 (USA) was the electricly activated unit we all know so well. The 1995 also had the "basket handle" CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light) that some people may have called a "spoiler."

Now... What you can bolt on a 1995 is a whole different story.
Old 01-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
My reference point is a Porsche Document: Tequipment 911 Accessories for the 911 Models (MY 95-98) The document number is: WVK 165 523 00 US/WW. This particular edition was printed in Germany 8/99.

The options were (are as you can still purchase this kit from Porsche NA): Aerokit I Part#: 000 044 800 28 It contains a rear spoiler with a front facing leading edge as well as front air dam and side skirts. Aerokit Ib, part number 000 044 800 27 is the same as I but includes an additional third brake light integrated into the upper wing profile.

The cost is $3,500+ The same kit is sold by Carnewal Parts Express in Belgium, for probably less money with pre-paid freight.

You need to look up Carnewal Parts Express, since they also sell the front spoiler, side skirts and rear wing for the 993RS, a real sexy set up, and it is cheaper, running around $2,850 US, freight pre-paid.

In conclusion Aerokit 1 and 1b are the only kits Porsche sold in the North American market. And finally, if you want to save some $, the front air dam and the rear spoiler are available from Better Bodies Motorsports in San Diego, in fibreglass. Their phone number is 619 690 5081, see Robert or Armando...and ask for the PCA discount. Tell them Martin from Solana Beach referred you. They will send you a catalogue...and they are on the web @ http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com

Note the factory front dam is polyurethane. It may have a better survival rate than fibreflass air dals, left and right. The side skirts are tricky, both Aerokit 1 and 1b as well as the 993RS...they best be bought from Carnewal Parts Express or from you local Porsche dealer. Expect to pay through the nose for the side skirts...it may be worth it because they fit, the aftermarket side skirts have been known to be ill-fitting, from time to time.

And now you know all there is to know about factory tails and aero aids for the 95 to 98 US cars...where else but on Rennlist!

Quick Reply: '95 Rear Wing Options