Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Question on Radio/CD

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 05:02 AM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leeham, I have the CR210 with the Nokia DSP, I guess that means it works as replacement for the CDR models.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Go for Becker or Blaupunkt. Plenty of models. May be its time to move over to MP3 capable CD unit instead of CD changer. Some weight reduction

Jaak
Old 04-18-2004, 02:07 PM
DReuther
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Radio/CD - Nakamichi CD-400

I agree with Chuck. Also have the Nakamichi CD-400. Very clean, compared to some other units almost minimalistic design. Great sound, easy to use and good screen visiblilty. The display color can be switched between amber and green.

Nakamichi CD-400

- Dieter
Old 04-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Naka MD 75, also clean. 6 CD-s in main unit, no external changer required!

Jaak
Old 04-18-2004, 04:52 PM
DrZ
Racer

Harold, no real disagreement. I was not referring to your Sony unit since it has been discontinued and not widely available. The current line of Sony HUs along with the majority of "brand name" units are junk from an audiophile perspective. The Rockford 8250 which is actually the Japanese Denon DCT-A1 model altered for US export can still be found on the Net for less than $250. Not bad for a unit that had retailed for over $1000. As for the iso-din mounting obstacle, I recently learned that the mounting cage for the Nak CD-700 will work perfectly for it.

BTW McIntosh car audio gear was previously made in Japan by Clarion, it has subsequently been sold to Denon. The long awaited replacement for the MX-406 is rumored to be a similar, or even upgrade of the the Denon flagship model DCT-Z1.

Brax, has also upgraded their Helix as well as the old Brax amp models. Anyone, looking for an under seat multi-chanel amp should definitately check them out.

I am still very happy with my reference (perhaps over the top) system for a 993 Cab. People in the car audio business who have heard it give it rave reviews. Kudo's again to SpeakerWorks in Orange, CA who have the capabilities to install systems for any budget or audiophile demand. Taking a lesson I learned from my home system, if I had my current system in a coupe, bi-amping a subwoofer would be the way to go. This would make the front stage speakers sound even better which I had previously thought would not have been possible. If anyone has, or is thinking of installing a Dynaudio 360 in the kicks/doors, I would be happy to share some of my ideas should you wish to PM me.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:15 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

leeham, let's discuss a trade. Your PM box is full.

Fred.

Quick Reply: 993 Question on Radio/CD