Sponsored by:

Innovate LC-2 and ECU Sensor Ground?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:01 AM
95twinturbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenfb
It's unfortunate that you went thru all that effort, when your DME ECU could have been repaired for about 1/3 the cost of the estimate you received.
Furthermore, you are aware that from a functional standpoint, that the O2 input on the '95 Bosch ECU just utilizes input voltages greater or less
than .50 volts to control the mixture, i.e. there's no benefit from using a wide band O2 sensor.
I was quoted $900 by ECU Doctors in FL, if you know of somebody who would fix for less, why don't you post it so others can benefit? The Innovate unit relies on a wideband O2 sensor and provides two outputs: a wideband signal (which I connected to a wideband gauge for a much more accurate AFR read than a narrowband would provide), and a programmable emulated narrowband signal (which I connected to the stock narrowband Motronic ECU). What do you think would happen if the wide band signal was used as input by the ECU?
Old 11-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Ivan J
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 95twinturbo
What do you think would happen if the wide band signal was used as input by the ECU?
That would not work well, because the ECU is not designed for a continuously varying "analog" input, it is looking for something that toggles between two states, like a switch. At the risk of oversimplifying, the ECU adjusts the amount of fuel that is injected in order to maintain a 50% duty cycle from the sensor.

I'm curious... Are you logging the wideband sensor data, or using it in real-time just to monitor the AFR? The former would be useful for having a custom map made by someone like Wong or Wiener; but, what it the purpose of monitoring the AFR in real-time?
Old 11-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

I was quoted $900 by ECU Doctors in FL, if you know of somebody who would fix for less, why don't you post it so others can benefit? The Innovate unit relies on a wideband O2 sensor and provides two outputs: a wideband signal (which I connected to a wideband gauge for a much more accurate AFR read than a narrowband would provide), and a programmable emulated narrowband signal (which I connected to the stock narrowband Motronic ECU). What do you think would happen if the wide band signal was used as input by the ECU?
There're other sources for automotive electronics, i.e. do a Google search;

Ivan provided (up-thread) an explanation to your question about using a wide O2 as an input to a narrow band ECU design, as I did in post #15.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:17 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

I was quoted $900 by ECU Doctors in FL, if you know of somebody who would fix for less, why don't you post it so others can benefit?
I'll do it...

THESE guys do Bosch control unit repair for every shop on the west coast and probably the vast majority of North America.

Quick Reply: Innovate LC-2 and ECU Sensor Ground?