993 Forum 1995-1998

Rollbar For Cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 02:04 AM
pookee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rollbar For Cab

Where can I get the best quality rollbar for my 993 Cab?
I'm not worring about rear passengers.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:08 AM
D.G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pookie,

If price is no object look into the leather or vinyl covered, padded rollbar by Techart. I understand this rollbar was avaliable factory installed by special order. It is approved by both European and U.S safety agencies (TUV and ???).

It is very pricey, listing at between $1,700 and $2300 depending on the pading and covering material. I have one in my Cab and can testify to it's quality. The rear seat is still useable for children under 10yrs, but the comfort level is reduced. The wind shield is not useable.

Most members of this board will recommend the DAS rollbar. It is also a very good unit and sells for less than half the Techart unit's price, but you will have to take care of the cosmetics yourself.

D.G.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:13 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently installed the DAS bar (www.das-sport.com) in my 98' Cab. The bar cost about $900 with the optional harness loops and universal camera mount. The bar arrives unpainted so I had a local shop powder coat it satin black for $75. It is one-piece, completely welded (no bolt-together pieces) and weighs approx. 50lbs. Very solid.

Installation was a snap. The two rear mounts bolt directly to the rear seatbelt mounting points. The two fron mounts require six holes (3 per side) to be drilled in the floorpan behind the fron seats. There are two substantial backing plates that mount under the car. Total installation time was about 1 hour and was easily managed by 1 person. Now that the drilling is done, I can remove the bar in about 20 minutes and re-install in about 30.

I lost about an inch of legroom but everything else is perfect. The top function normally and the windscreen remains in place and functional. I'm happy to post some digital pictures if you'd like but won't be able to until later tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,

MC

<a href="http://www.das-sport.com" target="_blank">DAS</a>

Quick Reply: Rollbar For Cab