Keyless Remote

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Keyless Remote

Hi, I recently overpaid for a keyless remote as it is in the same condition=small chip from changing batteries, as mine. I have 2 do not need 3. If anybody needs a used one with a small chip, let me know and I will give you a great price.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:32 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts

you have mail
Old 12-28-2003, 12:39 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts

I just noticed that there is a separate programming procedure for '95 remotes on Robin's site.

Are the remote controls themselves the same?
Old 12-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Marshall M
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, they are. Just a change in how to register them from 96 on.

MSM
Old 12-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I bought the remote on ebay and it was identical to the chipped one I was trying to replace. The seller took nice pictures of it and the condition was not specified in the text description. The seller packaged it extremely well so that chip was not caused by shipping as the box it came in was intact. I left negative feedback and the guy tit for tats me and leaves this feedback after I pay pal''d him within one minute of the auction closing and leaves this??????????
FAILURE: SELLERS BEWARE "E"

What a PUTZ!!!!!!!!

I am new to ebay but I am sure since I paid so rapidly I hardly failed anyhthing on my end of the deal?

I don't know what this means
Old 12-28-2003, 11:22 PM
914und993
Pro

Don't worry about the negative feedback, unless you are going to try and sell. I keep a separate seller and buyer ID. That way as a buyer I can give a bad seller bad feedback, and not worry if he gives me bad feedback on my buyer's ID - my seller's ID is unaffected.

And if you get too many negatives on your buyer ID, you can dump it and start a new one.

You did the right thing. If you want, there is a way for you to put your response to his negative feedback in a comment underneath.

Chip
Old 12-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Sorry you had a bad experience on eBay. Did the description say that the item was flawless? It's always best to inquire about the condition of the item before you bid, so you can choose not to bid if quality is not what you want or so you have a record of the seller's false claims.

Also, when using PayPal, always pay with your credit card, not your checking account, since PayPal will not assess issues of quality; your credit card company will refund your money if the item is a fake or was not what was in the description.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:46 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, did you contact the seller to ask if you could return the key since it had damage that wasn't mentioned in the item? You say the condition was not specified in the auction, so it's a little bit difficult to see how he might have misled you intentionally. Your feedback rating on Ebay is very important, and the correct protocol is to try and work out a solution if there is a problem in a transaction before leaving negative feedback. One sure way to get negative feedback is to leave it for someone else without first giving them an opportunity to correct the situation. As far as maintaining separate ID's for buying and selling or changing an ID if you have too much negative feedback, to me, that undercuts the whole feedback concept that makes Ebay work, curious if others agree?

Vic
99 C2 cab
Old 12-29-2003, 12:17 AM
914und993
Pro

All too often you will find an ebay buyer is afraid to leave bad feedback on a seller even when it is deserved because they fear retaliation from the seller. If the seller did not reveal an obvious flaw on an item, I would consider that a subterfuge and worthy of negative feedback, unless the seller was very agreeable to correcting the problem. You the buyer will still be out time and effort even in that instance.

If my feedback as a seller is flawless, that tells the buyer what they need to know about me. If a seller's negative feedback is less than 1% I'm pretty comfortable with them myself.

As a buyer, your feedback record is less important - almost every seller will try to complete a transaction with you unless it is clear from your feedback that you are a dirtball.

As others have said, it is best to specifically question a seller about an item before bidding. If the response leaves you anything but confident, don't even bid.

Chip
Old 12-29-2003, 12:20 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by 914und993
Don't worry about the negative feedback, unless you are going to try and sell. I keep a separate seller and buyer ID. That way as a buyer I can give a bad seller bad feedback, and not worry if he gives me bad feedback on my buyer's ID - my seller's ID is unaffected.

And if you get too many negatives on your buyer ID, you can dump it and start a new one.
I must have missed the start of a "best & worst" ethics lessons of 2003 thread. So what's nominated for "best?"
Old 12-29-2003, 01:40 AM
914und993
Pro

Dan - The point is that if you as a buyer give negative feedback to a seller, even if it is deserved, more likely than not the seller will give you a retaliatory bad feedback. That means that as a buyer, you can accumulate negative feedback even when you are working within the spirit of ebay and trying to give truthful feedback. Just like what seems to have happened to "livefreeanddrive".

If that happens, and you don't like the idea of carrying any negative feedback, I could not fault a buyer for starting over with a new ID. That is well within the rules of the ebay environment.

Chip
Old 12-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi, I think my lesson here is I should have contacted the seller once I discovered the flaw. I am very sure he does not have any more 993 remotes but maybe he would have lowered the price. My problem is that the seller tried to blame the shipping process for the damage. The remote was VERY well wrapped and I went through all the packing materials looking for the small piece that broke off when somebody used a pick axe to open it for a battery replace. It has become a small soap opera but if you are bored and are on ebay the seller is named "motorshops" even though all he has listed is books=not automotive. My id is nhav8r and I am sure we will see each other on the bid list. FYI, I have a very cheap colgan bra for sale on ebay=low reserve............see I am learning!
Steve
Old 12-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default my experience with motorshops

Steve, I bought the exact same remote from motorshops and am very happy with it. The unit looks 100% brand new. You can see that I gave him positve feedback (I am GerryCT). However, I have yet to program it. so knock-on-wood that it will works.

Now that I think of it, he could have shipped me yours and you receive mine instead. I feel very lucky, yet guilty.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

993 owners usually have two remotes. Somebody either prepped their car for the track or crashed it to leave two donor remotes. It looks like you bought the one that stayed in the desk drawer and I bought the one that was slightly used. The seller is probably a good guy and I should just be more careful. I would hate to think that my feedback would impare a person's abilty to earn a living. I think i will try to retract my neg feedback and forget about it. After all the remote came with a battery and when I push the button the red led light lit UP!!!
I used to live in Connecticut.
Steve
Old 12-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Why would anyone buy a Porsche remote key from eBay? There's enough
problems with new factory keys and the problematic programming process.
The 996 keys are even worse with the transponder on them.

Also, as I've experienced, who knows what you really get when you buy
from eBay? Probably the only risk-free item that can be bought on eBay
is a roll of paper towels.

Have Fun
Loren
'88 3.2

Quick Reply: Keyless Remote